Wednesday 8 June 2011

Lcd Tv Wall Mount - wall mount, lcd wall mount


I was planning to make my own TV mount because all the affordable ones were so cheaply made. That was until I stumbled on this one for $25.



Wow, was I surprised when it arrived! Very nicely double-boxed and packaged extremely well. Then the construction is quality all the way, right down to the chrome-plated nuts, screws and bushings. This mount was manufactured and boxed as if it were a high-dollar item.



It only took about 15 minutes to have my 37" LG firmly hanging on the wall. Oh, and I did it all by myself.



I can't comment on the mount-to-TV screws because my LG already provided them. And I did use my own 5/16" flat washers on 2 of the lag screws since none were included, but that's just my preference.



I highly recommend this mount, I would have been happy to pay double for such quality.



Now, as usual, many of the reviews here are misleading:



*Dismiss all reviews that talk about adjacent studs, or difficulties getting screws to grab at an angle. This thing BOLTS TO A SINGLE WALL STUD VERY EASILY! Just like what's shown on the instruction sheet, you simply screw 3 of the lag screws down the center of the mount. That's all that's needed, the other holes are just a bonus for more complicated setups. DO NOT PUT 6 OR 7 LAGS INTO A STUD! You will probably shred or weaken it. Crash goes your TV while ripping a chunk of 2x4 through your drywall.



*Dismiss the reviews that mention short lag screws. They are 2", that's a depth of almost 1 1/2" into the stud after going through 1/2" drywall and the mount. If you drilled roughly 3/16" to 1/4" diameter pilot holes and didn't over-tighten your lags, it should be fine. I've mounted mine twice now, using the same (provided) lags.



*I have no idea where this review came from that complains about an adjustment knob getting in the way. My mount doesn't have any kind of knob on it whatsoever, perhaps they are commenting on a different model. There's a tilt adjustment, but it uses a wrench and doesn't protrude anywhere. The ONLY BAD PART I'VE FOUND is that cheap stamped sheet-metal wrench to tighten the tilt mechanism. No problem, I just used my own 13mm wrench instead.



*Yes, the mount can be somewhat stiff. Like another reviewer stated, just lubricate it. I used a few drops of 3-In-1 Oil in the joints.



*And bad reviews from people who didn't research or check to see if their TV or monitor is VESA compliant. That also includes the ones who didn't check to see if the mounting plate will block off their inputs. The plate is about 8 1/2" square, it shouldn't be that hard to see if you'll have a conflict. Besides, in the description it says, "Please make sure what mount your TV needs before you place order. If you are not sure, please send us a message. We will check for you." So they are giving a nice product bad reviews because they simply didn't read the description.



*Then all the complaints of trying to hold the TV to the mount while installing the screws. If you look at the pictures on Amazon you'll see the center screw hole is a "keyhole".



1. Hold the mount to the wall and mark the 3 hole locations on the wall. On the center keyhole you want to only mark the narrow slot at the top.



2. Drill (3) 3/16" holes.



3. Install center screw into the stud, but leave a small gap between the head and the drywall, you can even use the mount to test whether the slot in the "keyhole" passes behind the head.



4. Lay your TV face-down on a safe place like a mattress or a table with a comforter over it. Place the mount over the back of the TV and install screws.



5. Position the mount so the wall mounting plate is reasonably close to the TV and as close to center as possible, and simply hang it on the wall to the center lag screw through the keyhole. That should help with the weight while you screw the top lag in, then the bottom. Don't tighten anything completely until all 3 screws are in, then make sure it's level or plumb.







That's it. This is an inexpensive, very well built product that solves a simple problem. I'll be ordering more for my PC monitors and future customers ASAP. VideoSecu Articulating TV Wall Mount for 22-37" VESA 200 100 LED LCD TV Monitor Full Motion Bracket Free 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level and Free HDMI Cable 3V7

This wall mount is great. It is constructed very well and was easy to install. It looks clean and discreet on the wall and provides virtually 180 degree swivel for my 32 inch TV. It came with all needed hardware to mount to the wall including heavy duty wall anchors for the wall screws that did not hit a wall stud. The only complication was that I had to get the correct bolts for mounting the TV to the mount itself (the product did come with two different size bolts for this purpose but neither was the right size to mount the TV to the bracket). I found the correct bolts very easily at my local hardware store.



After hanging the TV (32 inch BestBuy Insignia - Approx 30 lb. with mounting holes 200 X 200) I am very confident my TV is secure and safe. In addition, the product is very well priced. Local stores wanted $100-$150 for similar mounts. WOW! - Lcd Tv Wall Mount - Wall Mount - Lcd Wall Mount - Articulating Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information