Thursday 2 June 2011

Mens Sport Watches - timex sport watch, digital watch


I really like this watch, I got it for working out and jogging. I think it has a nice pleasant look to it, unlike many digital watches, and it is very comfortable to wear. Watch is very lightweight and the band looks very handsome. Has everything you really need, two time zones, timer, stopwatch, daily alarm, indiglo. I use the stopwatch to time how long my tea brews, and the timer to keep myself from burning things in the oven. The alarm has no snooze, so I wouldn't rely on that to wake you up, but perhaps you could use the alarm as a reminder to do something. For 15 bucks, this watch is a great buy. Timex Men's T5J571 1440 Sport Digital Resin Strap Watch

I purchased this watch to replace my old Timex 1440 Sports Digital. It is a great watch if you spend a lot of time in the pool or at the beach. Setting the watch can be tricky, so best to save the instructions. Would purchase this watch again if anything happened to my current one.

When I was a child, I remember John Cameron Swayze advertising Timex watches, ending with the line, "Takes a licking, keeps on ticking." I needed a watch that was digital. sitable for use outdoors, and able to be read at night. I chose the Timex because it had all of these features, plus showed day, date, could time events, had an alarm, and showed either 24 hour day or a.m./p.m. readings. I am totally pleasaed with the Timex. It is very easy to learn how to change the settings, enter the time, and is very easy to read. I needed a replacement for an older digital watch that I purchased on a cruise. The Timex surpassed all my expectations, and cost less that $20.00, which was the price back in 1976. A better product for a lower price.

[UPDATE insert on January 22, 2011: Still my everyday watch, but the crystal is badly scratched at this point, only 4 months after purchase--still readable and useable, but just doesn't look all that great. Otherwise the watch is working fine, and I do use it every day. I'd still rate it 4 stars, especially at this price, but I do wish they'd upgrade the crystal to a harder, more scratch-resistant material, and I'd be happy to pay a few bucks more for same. Original review follows this] After researching watches on Amazon, I settled on this for my everyday watch--first time I'd bought a watch by mail, because I usually figure it's best to see it in person for size of dial, clarity of numbers, thickness on wrist, etc. Amazon's way of detailing it and giving the watch's dimensions with a visible grid helped tip me toward feeling OK with buying sight unseen. Turns out on opening the box I felt like I had already seen it in person (just from Amazon's page pictures and details), so that was a pleasant surprise. I've had it about a month now, and overall, love it. VERY clear read-out of date, hours, minutes and seconds, and the stopwatch (my most-often used function other than time and date) very easy to use and read in quick glances during a workout or walk. Unfortunately it is losing a few seconds a month, so I've had to re-set the time already (I need perfect time for my job), and the crystal and surrounding silver (plastic?) ornamentation has already been dinged up a bit--scratches on the crystal and small gouges and scratches on the silver ornamentation surrounding the crystal (and I would say my usage is normal overall, that I'm not normally in situations that would mean more damage than usual for a watch). It still looks great, though, especially from a distance, and the watchband is one of the best I've ever had--easy to put on with one hand and tighten, plus the loop that ties down the strap has a nice notch that meshes with the strap itself--nice look, and function. Overall, very happy with this bargain--at $15.00 total worth every penny.

I needed an inexpensive watch that displayed large numbers as well as the date. This was IT!! I am at the age where I need reading glasses. I can read the time and date on this watch without reading glasses. Also, very comfortable band. I was using a metal band watch which sometimes pinched my skin and was a bit heavy. The size is right as well. I don't like really large watch dials. The best part - the price. A disposable watch which I can replace every 2 years for $15. I could never understand people shelling out money for a Rolex just to tell time. I suppose it's all about priorities.

This is a great watch. It does everything the description says it does. It looks and feels well made. It's a decent size, fairly large, but not huge. I've had it in the pool several times and have had zero problems.

I bought this watch primarily to use as a nurse, but I have also found it useful for my workouts. I love the display and how easy it is to use. I got the watch within 1 week even though it stated it would take 6-8 weeks, and I havent taken it off since. It was easy to program the times and even set the alarm. The display is probably my favorite feature of the watch. However, I was not looking for any complex features, and this was perfect for me. I love it. Like I said I also wear it for exercise purposes and it has withstood the test of the elements. Rain, wind, whatever I am running it - it holds up. I love this watch.

My life is very unusual and it is hard to schedule my day and night life. So I was looking for a cheap watch to help me with my low fat diet and I eat every 3 hours. If I miss the 3 hour mark, then I become ravenous and will ruin my diet. My cell phone battery randomly loses its charge and I could not rely on it to remind me when to eat. Hence, I needed a cheap 3 hour countdown timer and this watch fit the description.



I would have given 5 stars except the alarm is so faint that I don't notice it if the radio/TV is too loud or I am talking on the phone. Also the crystal has a tendency to catch many reflections and has been scratched twice in 3 days. Other than those pitfalls, it is a great looking watch that does what I need, remind me EXACTLY when I need to eat to maximize my really slow metabolism.



I have had for 3 days and recommend considering all the extra features that it comes with: Dual time zones, 24hr stopwatch, 24hr countdown timer, daily alarm, 50m water resistance, backlight, comfortable strap and a pleasant sporty look all for $15. - Timex Sport Watch - Sport Watch - Digital Watch - Cheap Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • digital watch
  • ,
  • timex sport watch
  • ,
  • cheap watch
  • ,
  • sport watch