Tuesday 14 June 2011

Networking - ethernet, computer cables


Both major ethernet suppliers in this area are loath to make home calls just for a ethernet cable. Confined to a residential care home means I have to do most of my "shopping" on the net. When this ethernet cable arrived and it was hooked up, this little Aspire One computer picked up speed about 50% right away. It costs a _lot_ less that what Comcast charged for the visit. A good cable is essential, from what I've read and this one appears to be good for years. A very good buy and well worth the few dollars it cost. Mediabridge - Red RJ45 Computer Networking Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable - (15 Feet)

The snag-proof thing isn't exactly what's pictured. Instead, it's a firm flap the same width as the prong you use to disconnect the cord over it. Not a big deal, considering it's still excellent snag-proofing, and I don't really need snag-proof. Excellent cable, as I bought it so I could match it to my red Xbox. Works wonderfully, and I haven't lost connection through it.

The price of this cable was great, but the connection is pretty horrible. If I move my laptop the slightest bit, the cable slides out. Does it work? Yes. But even a functioning cable is worthless without a decent connector. I think you could find better at the same price level.

Don't over pay for Ethernet (or HDMI). Many people do. Don't get too cheap. Many people do this too. Dollar store Ethernet Cables will not work well.



I bought two of these 15' Mediabridge cables. They are solid, good cables for an unbeatable price. I use both Ethernet and Wireless in my home. I find that no matter what router you buy, a $18 TP-Link or a far more expensive Linksys, Netgear or D-Link, wireless is security risky (unless your network is located in a rural area) & it is unreliable in urban settings. There is just too much interference. Speeds vary different times of the day and different days of the week. Disconnect will happen. With the ever growing supply of free software that simplifies cracking Network security measures, no matter what you do your network will be penetrated, people will connect and use your Internet which will slow you down. I simply do not have these problems using Ethernet. Important Internet use I do only on an Ethernet connected computer.



I use long cables. Two 15' and two 75 foot. Replacing a 75' cable in a house is work, unless you simply throw it down and make people negotiate a cord all the time. I demand quality cable for two reasons, time lost replacing them and I want the Internet speeds I pay for. Its insane to pay over $100 for a Monster Cable. Its just as unproductive to buy a $6 75' cable off eBay or from a local discount store. Mediabridge cables are quality cables for a reasonable price. Its that simple. - Computer Cables - Cat5 - Ethernet - Ethernet Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • cat5
  • ,
  • ethernet
  • ,
  • ethernet cables
  • ,
  • computer cables