Friday 10 June 2011

Outdoor Storage - patio cooler, party cooler


Good price and value. Assembly instructions are a 9 out of 10. Need a crescent wrench for the nuts on the lower door handle and maybe a needle nose pliers to pull off the clear plastic tubing which initially covers them (you'll see during parts lay-out). Minor confusion on my part during assembly of brown liner rim. White liner sits directly on top of the top edge of styrofoam so the brown rim can snap against the tan body. Just remember to read everything through and assembly is pretty much a snap. Insulation is five pieces of styrofoam that fit fairly well. So, don't throw anything away or destroy anything until it's completely assembled. Did not notice in picture prior to purchase the "shelf paper" that covers the top and side shelf. More than likely will separate eventually in direct exposure to the elements. Lower door stays closed. Design has the drain tube come through lower door area and out the back. Supplied rubber grommet for drain tube-through-body area does fit (with a bit of work and a flat head screwdriver)in the designed drain hole. No grease or lube included though directions stated it was. WD40 in this area works well. Agree string on drain cover (looks like air hole insert of a beach ball) makes it more user friendly. Suncast Patio Cooler, 77 Quarts

Of course this is an item you must home assemble. I am an engineer and am handy with this sort of thing. It is not difficult and the instructions are adequate. However, after assembly I could not get the bottom swing out door to stay closed. Called the company and explained the situation and was told someone would get back to me. Has not happened, although it has been several weeks. Can only conclude that their customer service people do not know how to solve the problem either.

Took about an hour to put together this patio cooler and realized that the top cover couldn't latch properly because there's an extra piece that stuck out. Called Suncast (prompt customer service though) and was told that the top has been redesigned so they'll send a new top. It would be nice if they don't ship out parts that have been redesigned...it's like selling cars models that have been recalled and ask you to bring it back to factory to have it fixed. Bummer. Now I have to wait for the part, take apart my cooler, and reassemble it.

Had been waiting for quite a while with anticipation, well I was not disappointed. So easy to put together & looks great.

The size was plenty big enough for cans & bottles, along with bottom storage as well.



One thing I thought was really nice, was the handle for the bottom storage door wasn't plastic which makes a pleasant change.



Another top product that's made in the USA.

This patio cooler is the "coolest" thing ever!



It was hard to put together - I ended up tossing the directions and just figuring it out myself.



Anyway, more than half of the unit is cooler space. It can not only hold cans, but wine bottles, pitchers, 2 liter bottles, etc. It would be hard to fill it up! The ice seems to last/stay cold for 24 hours. There is even a built in drainage system!



There is a cupboard underneath, which is nice to keep glasses, etc. The shelf on the side, (which you can choose what side to put it on), is convienent to hold your glasses, etc. It also comes with a paper towel holder! The only thing missing is a built in bottle opener :( Maybe next design????



I TOTALLY recommend this! You will spend more time on your patio! Throw some ice in during the afternoon and have a couple of COLD ones when your work is done and unwind.

Very happy with the cooler. Allows us to store more drinks for parties while taking less space than our large camping coolers would take. Great for the elderly folk who can't bend down for an old cooler. The drainage tube make draining a breeze. Easy to put together.

I saw this cooler on someone's deck and though to myself that I have to get one of those. I did notice the bottom door did not close all the way but thought nothing of it. I brought one, assembled it and the door on mine do not close all the way either. This is a very nice, decorative cooler, however, it does not keep the ice for very long.

Was not difficult to put together. Took under an hour. Everything was labeled clearly. Used three bags of ice...still had ice in the cooler in the morning. Yes I would order another if I needed and yes I do recommend.

Assembly for me was slow because I got ahead of myself. If you follow the instructions , not much time is required to complete the assembly. The product is very attractive for the decor I created on my patio. I highly recommend this item. It has versatility and the wheeled feature is a plus.

This was a very pretty cooler once we were able to get it together. The directions were a bit all over the place. We had to dismantle twice in order to get it right. I guess 3 times is the charm! ;)

IN any event it is much larger than I expected on the inside. The cooler is quite deep and it blends nicely on my deck with my other patio furniture. Overall great purchase. - Party Cooler - Patio Cooler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • patio cooler
  • ,
  • party cooler