Saturday 11 June 2011

Pencil Sharpner - home office, pencil sharpner


My brother and I never used this pencil sharpener much because it didn't sharpen evenly. We kept on using manual sharpeners. If the manual sharpeners broke the tip of the pencil 3 times, we would try our electric one again. Today, my brother sharpened about 20 pencils in a row. The motor just burned out and wouldn't work again. We made sure the plug was connected with the socket. This pencil sharpener also makes a lot of noise. I personally prefer the Panasonic KP-310 sharpener. I haven't tried out any of the other 5-star Panasonic ones. We have a Panasonic KP-310 sharpener at my school. It only burnt out after I sharpened about 4 boxes of colored pencils (300 colored pencils) in a row when helping my teacher. Note: this pencil sharpener has no auto-stop. I would NOT buy this pencil sharpener for the price. It's more worth it to buy a sharpener that not only works, has durability, but works well. Stanley Bostitch Electric Desktop Pencil Sharpener, Black (02695)

This pencil sharpener performs very poorly. While I haven't had the problem with longevity that others have had, I frequently break off the lead of my pencils while attempting to sharpen them. I would not purchase this product again and would strongly urge others to stay away from it.

This was not worth the price at all! At first I thought it was great. It is heavy and sturdy. It worked barely a month and just quit working. Not worth it and not a good product at all. Don't waste your money!

I love this pencil sharpener so much I bought another one for work. As a rule, I find pencil sharpeners so very disappointing - they simply can't hold up to the job: grab that pencil, firm and steady quietly sharpen, and stop when pointed. I have regretfully resigned to the difference between commercial strength and home use. This model is definitely home use as you can tell from other reviews. My husband, a sweet geek, has kept THE commercial sharpener and when I've a serious load to sharpen I turn to our orange monster. But it's upstairs and I'm down and so I got this cute little nifty sharpener that works great for a little sharpening now and then. At my new job I noticed they have a horrid little specimen of a sharpener. One of those truly for home use being asked to do a commercial load. Foolish - dull points, rattling on toward a slow and sorry death. My second #02695 arrived and now I have another little Bostitch all my own in my office just for my now and then. Love it!!!! And the packing is sturdy, too. (Aren't you tired of flimsy cardboard?!!)



If you want something for a classroom NOTHING will ever beat the handcranked stainless model with the movable pencil size ring in front that was screwed down - the only way to go. Remember? Back with those Dick and Sally primers? THAT was a pencil sharpener, that and our orange monster. - Electric Sharpener - Pencil Sharpner - Home Office - Pencil Sharpener'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information