Saturday 18 June 2011

Strong Pinner That Beats The Rest - nail gun, pin nailer


I've used this pinner on a few projects and overall I'm pleased with it. So far it's not jammed or malfunctioned and seems to set the pins to a uniform depth.



I have noted one thing I dislike. If you look closely at the picture of the tool, you'll see a small triangular piece of metal above the trigger. This is the safety. To operate it, you must poke your finger into the little space above the trigger and pivot the safety out of the way, allowing the trigger to move. Be aware that this is the only safety. Unlike most larger gauge air nailers, there is no device the prevents the tool from firing until it's depressed against the workpiece. Once the safety is moved aside, the tool's hot and will shoot pins whenever the trigger's depressed.



Aside from the safety system, I've been pleasantly surprised with the performance of this inexpensive little tool. If you're like me and have need for a pinner for occasional projects, I think you too will like this one. Just use it with caution! NuMax SP123 23 Gauge 1-Inch Pinner

The NuMax SP123 appears to be well made and so far it works well. The safty is near the trigger and once deactivated tool will fire so use good safty practices. Shoots 1/2" to 1" pins and for the money it is a great find.

I have used this nailer for just a few projects so far but it seems to work well. Only complaint is that I wish the nose of the nailer had some kind of rubberized tip to help with accuracy but there is so little kick back and the trigger is pretty sensitive so its not that big of a deal. Overall I would say this is a good value and does the job for me. - Pin Nailer - Nail Gun - 23 Gauge - Pinner'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information