Tuesday 21 June 2011

Teaching Materials - book stand, kindle stand


This holder keeps papers upright and in position, but it doesn't handle books particularly well, as the clip cannot grip surfaces as thick as most books and the base isn't as wide as most books when they're opened. I have this AND a book stand so I keep myself covered on both ends. Insight Adjustable Book & Copy Holder

This product is [retty good, but don't even try putting a bood on it, the holder will tip over and it doesn't clip the pages of a book very well. But for papers it's good and it's adjustable, which is convient. It did hold my notebook very well, but for books it sucks.

I was looking for a narrow bookstand to prop my Kindle up next to my monitor on my desk, the reviews cautioning about this stand not being the best for some bigger books made it sound Just Right for the Kindle, and it does indeed do the job nicely.

This "book holder" is a perfect stand for the Apple Ipad. It could have been designed for it. Sturdy, very adjustable, will hold the Ipad at various angles in either the vertical or landscape positions.

I bought this to use with an iPad and while the angle adjustments are great, the color blends in and the iPad looks terrific on it there is one downside.



The plastic holder on the back does not lock or snap into place when you angle it. There's no security at all. If you are like me and want to have your iPad on the stand and then pick up the stand with the iPad on it to change locations, the leg on the back will immediately dislodge from the plastic slots that they sit in. They just rest in there and nothing holds them in. That's understandable since this is meant for paper copies and probably to live on a desk but I was disappointed it wasn't a little more secure.



It's a sturdy stand and really does look great with the iPad but I carry mine around and use it on a stand in my lap. You have to be really careful and pick up the iPad off the stand and then pick up the stand or it may collapse unexpectedly. I would have given it five stars if there was a snap lock rather than loose slots.

I'm a typist. Do people still even USE that word? Even saying I'm a word processor sounds old-fashioned these days. Well, you get my drift. I have a different gizmo I use when I want to hold a book open (a clear lucite thing) so I have no problems with this being unable to hold heavy books. I only need it to hold COPY for typing or for following while I type. I have been typing for over 30 years and I have gone through quite a plethora of copy holders over the years. This is the greatest I have used thus far: lightweight (a BIG plus), adjustable angle (very important for someone with desk lighting), adjustable height (will even hold 14" tall paper and not just 11"). I gave this 5 stars partly because there is not a choice of 4.5, which is what I WOULD really give it because of one minus: there is no arm for following the copy. If I look away and then look back, nothing in this stand will help me find my place. I have to devise my own methods. However I would prefer NO line arm to one that just gets in my way and causes problems (which I have found to be the case with most such arms), so it's not that big a deal. I'm already in the habit of making light pencil marks all over my copy (or sticking small post-it notes if it is copy I must not mess up), so it's not that big a deal to me. A great deal for the price!

Despite the name, this is clearly not designed for ANY books (thick or thin), and I have found it not very useful for copy either as the top clip does not grip at all. Its very light and compact, but does not lock into place, no base weight or rubber base to prevent constant slipping and collapsing. - Kindle Stand - Kindle Accessory - Book Stand - Cookbook Stand'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information