Saturday 11 June 2011

Usb Battery Pack - portable charger, battery extender


I've used other products when trying to extend the life of my iPod touch on long airplane flights, but this one is tops. It's small size and ease of battery replacement is ideal, and it does everything it's supposed to adding considerable life to an iPod Touch, especially when viewing videos, which can drain the iPod Touch within a few hours. No longer is that a problem. I HIGHLY recommend this product. Tekkeon TekCharge Mobile Power and Battery Charger

This is a nice little charger. I love it but only giving it 3 stars. It charges my PPC-6700 VERY slowly and can't charge my HTC Touch Pro at all. It would show the batteries are dead after 5 min of charging and the charger gets super hot. After it cools, you can charge other devices just fine with the current batteries. I've tried it with alkaline, powerex 2700 NiMH batteries, powerex imedions, and eneloops with the same results. It works great with my ipod touch 2g, PSP, cowon D2, and creative Zen. I would recommend this unit for all your MP3 needs but if you plan on trying to extend the life of your smart phone, I'd probably get a Lithium-ion version.

I have been looking for a multipurpose charger to work with the stubborn charging requirements of the iPhone 3G, and I know I have found it. I was avoiding a rechargeable battery pack, just in case that battery went dead, and I didn't like the price associated with them.



This charger uses 4 AA batteries, and can also be used to charge 4 rechargeable AA batteries. You can charger the AA batteries through the provided USB cable, then in turn, use the battery pack to charge your iPhone the other devices compatible with this charger. It serves a useful dual purpose.



Also, this is a true battery charger, not a battery extender. It actually charges the battery so you do not have to keep the charger connected to the device to use it. I would recommend this product to anyone who needs a portable USB charger for their devices.

I researched and decided to buy this product as it seemed like a great idea and had many favorable reviews. However, i tried using it with my HTC Hero with bad results. I only used the charger once before it basically melted. For reference, I used Sanyo Eneloop batteries in the charger and I used the retractable cable provided with the mini usb adapter. The charger did recharge my batteries, but it got so hot when charging my phone that the outer case warped from overheating. I thought maybe I received a defective device so I paid to have the unit returned to Tekkeon and they exchanged the first one without any problem. The second charger I received yielded the same results. When I used the provided retractable cable, the unit got very hot. I pulled the cord out before it melted and decided to try the cable that originally came with my phone. This seemed to solve the problem and I thought I had figured it out, but no such luck. After draining and recharging the eneloops a couple more times, it stopped working.



I called Tekkeon to tell them what was happening and the customer service rep asked what amperage my phone required. I told him I wasn't sure but I would check after I got off the phone with him. I then told him how I had read all of the provided paperwork BEFORE I even attempted using the product and saw no reference to amperage requirements nor any mention of incompatibility with HTC or any other device. The directions only referenced voltage, which the 5 volt output was compatible with my phone. He proceeded to tell me I probably didn't understand the concept of amperage draw. The funny thing is, I am a master electrician with more than a firm grasp on the concepts of amperage and voltage. I wasn't sure why he tried to make me feel like I did something wrong by charging a cell phone with a battery powered cell phone charger. I completely understand if this product wasn't designed to charge a specific type of phone with specific amperage requirements, but why didn't they mention that in their paperwork?



Anyway to make a long story short(er), I asked for a refund. He told me Tekkeon couldn't refund my purchase unless I ordered directly from them. So I had to call the middle man company (Adorama Camera) who I ordered the product from off amazon. They told me the refund wasn't their problem either, but to go ahead and send it to their return department. So after I got their return address and paid for shipping once again, Amazon finally refunded my money. So after shelling out nearly as much in shipping fees as I had originally paid for the product, I figured the least I could do was warn people of the BAD experience I had with Tekkeon and the TekCharge charger.

I bought this instead of a more expensive LiIon energizer backup system. It worked great for the plane ride out, but when I plugged it into the wall to charge the batteries, it started blinking. It now won't charge or discharge. Changing the batteries doesn't help. It's now junk. - Battery Extender - Usb Power Pack - Portable Power - Portable Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information