Wednesday 15 June 2011

Card Reader - card reader, bad


I wasn't happy at all with this product. The first problem that I had was that the only drivers included on this mini cd were drivers for windows vista. I couldn't find any for xp or even 98. After a good search on the internet, I found that others were faced with similar problems.



The second issue that I had with the whole product was that the software included was completely amateur. Not only were the help pages missing all of their images (which makes instructions useless when the instructions refer to the images), but the general usability of the software was very limited. -- Maybe I just had bad luck, but I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. SIM Card Reader, Blue

I received the product with no problem. My sim card plugged into the device with no problem. The software that came with the device loaded with no problem. BUT, the information could NOT be retrieved from the sim card at all as there seemed to be a "communication" error, and I couldn't resolve it at all. I spent hours on the internet looking for a solution, but could not resolve the error. So I have a really nice device that didn't help me retrieve anything off my sim card. One start because it was a pretty blue case

This card reader did not function for me as specified. The reader failed to pull anything from my SIM card and make it intelligible. I contacted the seller and received a refund. Neat idea, but it didn't work.

I found this device and jumped on it because of the description of it's functions. I found that it was limited to say the least. Much more work and instruction was needed to make the functions useful to me. All I wanted was a device that would transfer all my text messages to my computer. Other devices work much better. They may cost more, but I found the results to be worth it. This devise is cheap in all ways. Not a purchase of value to me. I threw mine in the trash when I received my new SIM card reader that worked completely. I did not think it was worth my time to send it back or even take an hour to ask for a refund. This is my attempt to help others know that these SIM devices are worth the money when you get a good one.

USB SIM Card Reader/Writer/Backup For GSM Phone



1) Caution should be used when purchasing items out of country ( eg Canada to USA, USA to Canada etc ). If refund situation occurs, you will not receive FULL money back ... this is NOT a seller issue but rather the exchange rates which are in effect at the time of purchase or time of refund.



2) This seller has problems occurring with the product as the Items were purchased from "eForCity" without user manuals and without proper software to load on your PC ... to make the item work as intedned. Interesting to note that "eForCity" had purchased trhe items from another party and again, without user manuals and without proper software to load on your PC !! When trying to get support from this seller or "eForCity", BOTH agency did not or would not assist to ensure the customer could use the product purchased. A refund was issued but as explained, exchange rates then came into play and a FULL refund not received. My issue ... if you sell a product you should be able to assist your customer in using it properly !!

This SIM card reader doesn't work at all. Gives errors when trying to read from any SIM card. I bought it because it was cheap and there were no SIM card readers with good reviews. Should have saved myself the trouble. Why does Amazon continue to sell this worthless stuff?

Software site (per data sheet) had multiple downloads.

Tried them all. None worked.

Tried other drivers.

Tried all usb ports.

Tried OEM software and drivers.

Even tried using software with phone direct.

Nada.



You get what you pay for.

A nice blue paper weight.

This was a total waste of time effort and money ,although the positive note that the seller was nice but absolutly unable to provide a working solution as the driver he supplied is for Windows NT may have been a working product back in 1999 but its no longer able to function not in XP or 7 worthless to anyone who doesnt run a win NT machine ,Good luck with that. They sell other sim card readers but the seller didnt offer another unit as i am sure none of his readers are up to date ,he did say he would refund my money but i have yet to see that either? I guess its back to the drawing board to locate a working sim reader . - Card Reader - Bad'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • card reader
  • ,
  • bad