Tuesday 21 June 2011

Dont Waste Your Money - am fm radio, cassette recorder


I really urge everyone to stay far away from this product if you value your cassettes. The one I purchased mangled the first cassette I put in (an irreplaceable one - how could I have been so silly as to put it in without testing the player?). In any case, this product really is a piece of junk. But then, you get what you pay for.



I do want to add that amazon came through for me. Coby CX144 Portable AM/FM Cassette Player/Recorder

I bought this for recording my son playing violin for his review, but the play back sound was terrible.

Not clear and not big enough.

I was very disappointed with this one.

I should have bought Sony one.

I bought several of these for use in my third grade classroom, both for listening to tapes and for kids to record their own books-on-tape. Like others have said, you get what you pay for with this product. Right away I lost three tapes to these machines. Plus, the volume control is extremely touchy... the slightest tap and it's WAY TOO LOUD, slightly tap it the other way and you can't hear a thing. As I haven't even tried to use them as voice recorders (I'm not trusting one more tape to these things!) I can't report on that aspect, but the volume control and tape ruining issues are more than bad enough.

I don't know why the other reviewers are so down on this item. I agree it's not wonderful for listening to music, but if you only listen to talk radio and books on tape, this machine does fine. It has never eaten any tapes I put in it. Can't beat the price. Why pay more for a boombox that has a CD or stereo sound, if you don't need it. These days, it's difficult to find any boombox that plays cassettes - I looked at lots of stores. I'm very happy with this purchase.

i read all the options many times for the colby radios offered. the options state for the model i purchased that it has an external microphone and that you can record with it. the radio has no such option and you can only record from the radio. now iam stuck with it. it will cost me more to send it back than what the radio is worth IAM NOT HAPPY AT ALL

For the price, it is a decent value. the sound is fair. The buttons are kinda cheap. I have seen better made cassette players for the same money.



For the office it is fine. i still have alot of cassettes i like and it suits me fine for at work.

This is a good radio that plays cassette tapes, so I love it as it's light to carry around and use alot. Doesn't have the quality sound a big system would have, but very good for what I use it for. Would recommend.

As of 6/11/08 am on my sixth one of these gems, three of which had to be returned to the Alco store where they were purchased. One would not work on house current. Another buzzed heavily on a.c., giving off an odor of melting plastic. The one exchanged 6/11? The cassette portion went dead-wouldnt rewind, play or record. When these work, the quality is okay, and it is hard to buy a unit like this without an obtrusive cd player. It is too bad these are so unreliable. - Cassette Recorder - Am Fm Radio - Cassette - Cassette Player Portable'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information