Tuesday 21 June 2011

Plastic Binder Machine - office supplies, binding machines


I am a homeschooling mom who downloads a lot of e-books. I have used this to make several books for school and it works great! It is solid, nothing seems flimsy or like it could break. I've made 100 page books with it so far and it works great. Fellowes Pulsar 300 Comb Binding Machine (5216601)

Pros: Comb fingers are made of metal, not plastic

Handle arm is metal with a rubber grip so it's not going to break when you try to punch 15 sheets repeatedly

Storage tray is great, holds 25 3/8" combs with no problem

Has that heavy, "quality" feel, it doesn't feel like a plastic kid's toy



Cons: There are no reference points/lines on the underside of the lid to let you know if your paper is sitting in the puncher level

The rotary edge takes a little playing around with to get your papers punched evenly at the top and bottom (this is a minor issue)



I was debating on whether to buy this machine or the Starlet, also by Fellowes, but in the end decided to buy the Pulsar since it seemed like portability and size were major selling points with the less expensive Starlet. This machine takes up about the same space as my Brother HL-2040 printer, so while it's not huge it's not something you can hide on a shelf somewhere out of the way. In the end, I opted to pay more for what I felt was a higher quality machine and I'm glad I did.

This comb binder punches smoothly through paper, cardstock, clear covers. Maximum paper punch is 15 pages but strengh required, I found it easier to punch 10 pages at a time. Love the versatility, storage drawer with measurement guide, comfortable handle, and the supplies included with starter pack. The vertical document loading is fantastic, it really keeps your paper stack aligned, so much better and easier than horizontal loading. The only drawback is that this machine is the size of a small typewriter and quite heavy, not portable at all or easy to store away. I like the capabilities but wish it were the size of the Starlet model.

I bought this machine over a year ago and have been very pleased with it. I have used it for severaonhome projects with my kids as well as calendars, fixing sheet music and cook books. It is very smooth and even though it will punch 15 pages at a time I am more comfortable doing closer to 10. I personally would prefer the spiral bindings for my projects, but the plastic combs are fine. I would definitely recommend this product to others. It does what I need it to do.

I purchased this new Comb Binder to replace a smaller one that I had. My decision was a good one. I make photo/scrap-booking calendars every year for family Christmas presents and I wanted a Comb Binder that could cut the thick pages easily and then combine them easily.



The Fellowes Pulsar Office Comb Binder is perfect! In addition to my crafting use, we use it regularly for my daughter's school projects. She's the only one in her classes to turn in projects that are bound and her projects always look great!



The Fellowes Pulsar Office Comb Binder easily cuts through and combines the thickest of papers, effortlessly.



I would definitely recommend this product for home office and home crafting use. - Binding Machines - Office Supplies - Comb Binder - Binder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information