Wednesday 8 June 2011

Droid Screen Protector - droid, screen protector


I bought a pack of 3 screen protectors from Verizon when I got my Droid. When I was on my 3rd from that pack I decided to order these. Each of the ones I put on the phone from verizon had bubbles. I was less than optimistic about these because they were much cheaper. I am pleased to say that I put on one a few days ago and it went on flawlessly. No bubbles at all. You cant even tell that it's there. Another thing I like is that it covers the entire screen including the menu buttons. This was a small problem with the verizon protectors because they stopped at the menu buttons, so when you took off an old one there was a bit of grime to scrub off where the protector stopped and the menu buttons started. If this product holds up then it will deserve 5 stars. I gave it 4 because I've yet to use it for more than a few days. However, due to initial impressions of appearance, ease of application, and price, I give it 4 stars. Recommended. 3 Pack of Premium Crystal Clear Screen Protectors for Motorola Droid A855 [Accessory Export Packaging]

After reading everyone else's reviews, I ordered these (for my Droid 2) thinking it couldn't hurt to try them out, since they were so inexpensive and shipping was free. Realizing other people had issues with the shields not fitting perfectly, I did a little trimming on the corners and bottom edge prior to sticking one on, and voila! For the price, if you're willing to take an extra minute to clean your screen and trim, these are an excellent deal. A couple days later, I managed to scratch my phone (still don't know how I did it!), and the screen was saved, so these little shields are effective. Shipping was also quite speedy, which was a huge plus.

Glad I got a three pack. I ruined the first one I installed (seems to be common). The fit is perfect, and it protected my screen from impact when it fell on some tools, put a gouge in the protector but no damage to the screen itself. I'd much rather wrestle with the installation of a new protector than try to replace the whole screen. Highly recomended

I decided to give these a try. While I would have preferred them to use adhesive rather than "static cling"*, if you carefully clean the Droid screen and be careful to avoid letting the protector pick up any dust, then be sure to slowly and carefully align the protector and "squeege" the protector as you lay it down there will be less air bubbles. I was able to push the bubbles out by using a micro-fiber cloth. That took some time, but it was worth it.

*That does allow you to remove, reposition and start over should the application not go well.

This was one of the worst screen protectors I have ever tried to apply. I have applied many in my days with several ipods and a couple psp's and this one was tough. Like another reviewer when I finally got the stupid thing applied well enough to take the tab off, it ripped off and was a complete and utter pain in the ass to remove! I was very careful in my preparation, and even wore rubber gloves to avoid finger prints. My suggestion is to spend some extra $$ and get a better product. I will when this comes off in a few weeks.

After scratching my first Droid, I ordered a new one and realized how much I needed to protect the screen. I saw much higher priced products that serve the same purpose, but I went with this one. This goes on easy and protects perfectly. Just follow the directions for application. Pay attention to the tabs that are on each piece to avoid dust getting under the shield. This is all you need and Im glad I got this one.

I was a little worried buying these screen protectors at such a cheap price and when I went to put the first one on I thought "yep that's why" there were more bubbles than I could count. But then I tried again this time I applied it the same way you would apply window tint using a soap and water solution. And it came out PERFECT! Not one bubble. So if you can handle applying window tint these protectors will work great for you. If not though you may want to go to a more expensive protector that is easier to apply.

The plastic is clear and fits well. The only issue is with the adhesive tabs that are used to separate the backing from the cover. The adhesive on the cover sticks to the cover and is very difficult to remove. Of course, the tab on the backing removes easily with no adhesive remaining. The tabs should be reversed. Possibly why these are so inexpensive? Maybe the design has changed since then?

Purchased 2 sets of the screen protectors for both mine and my husband's new Milestones. First problem, directions only in German. Since my husband is from Germany, he translated the improper German directions. Second problem, when you pull the tab labeled remove this tab before applying to the screen, the paper rips off and does not remove the protective covering. So fingernails and bending and twisting, finally got the tab started. I applied it to the screen and used the cardboard squeegie to remove the bubbles (still have some that will not go away.) Third problem, you now have to pull the piece of paper that says remove this after the protector has been applied. Guess what! The paper ripped off again leaving a sticky residue and had to use fingernails and bending to get the outer protection layer off. No wonder I have bubbles! USELESS PRODUCT! - Droid - Screen Protector - Motorola Droid - Screen Protectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information