Wednesday 8 June 2011

4 Port - hdmi cable splitter, hdmi


I was in the market for a 1x4 splitter for a 108i source to a Sony LCD, Onkyo SR-607--> Samsung DLP/Optoma HD20 and to an Integra DHC 9.9--> Samsung UNB7000/Sim2 D60. I started with a Monoprice's best 1.3b ATC 1x4 splitter and had compatibility issues with the Integra-->Samsung/ Sim2 setup. Then I tried the HD Trinity splitter from CECmpass which worked intermittently and most of the time required the Onkyo->Samsung DLP to be turned on at the same time for it to lock/sync the signal. Finally, I tried this splitter and it works like a charm with my pickiest Integra DHC 9.9 setup right out of the box. I have been experimenting with HDMI setups for over a year now and I have paid heftily(over $200/-) for 1x2 splitters last year. 2009 is the year to take the leap to HDMI splitters as the price is right and I cannot recommend this splitter enough to everybody out there. This is the splitter to get for the best compatibilty with the pickiest of recievers or TVs. After a month of frustrations with various incompatibilities, I have finally found my holy grail of HDMI splitters. Hope my experience helps others who have similar setups as mine. ViewHD 4 Port HDMI 1x4 3D Powered Splitter Ver 1.3 Certified for Full HD 1080P (One Input to Four Outputs)

This product is excellent. It is incredibly simple to use and works perfectly. I connected a second HD TV in my game room with a 50ft HDMI cable, also bought through Amazon at a price 75% less than at Best Buy. Amazingly, there is no drop off in picture quality. I would highly recommend this product.

Driving three TVs with cables of 6', 50' and 65' works perfectly.

I've paid $[...] for two way splitters that couldn't drive 50'.



The "instruction manual" is a joke.

Each language gets two 3" x 3" paragraphs of text.

Shouldn't need it though. There is nothing to set.



Keep in mind this uses a "Wall wart" power supply.

They never show these in the pictures.

It's a small "wart" as they go.

When plugged in, it extends off to the right or left.

Prongs aren't polarized, so right or left is always possible.

This arrangement means it won't block the outlet above or below. A+



========================================

Question

When driving two TVs, one of the blue active output

indicator LEDs flashes and one does not.

Does anyone know why ?

Doesn't have a problem, just curious.

This splitter works great. It shipped quickly and the price was right. I'm using it on the output from my Dish Network 722 receiver, with a 3 ft cable connecting to the nearby living room TV and a 50 ft Insten Super High Res. Gold HDMI cable to a nearby bedroom TV. The picture and sound over the 50 ft cable are indistinguishable from the living room TV. I was unsure whether to try the 50 ft run but the price of both this splitter and the cable (from Amazon) were great and Amazon's return policy is great so I went for and am not disappointed. The only down side is that output 1 of the splitter can only feed a stereo audio signal to the A/V receiver on my main surround system in the living room, and I cannot get Dolby Digital as before. This is not the splitter's fault but just the way HDMI works. Since splitter output 2 is connected directly to TV 2 and can only take a stereo signal, then all splitter outputs will provide only the stereo audio. I may fix this later, either by adding an HDMI-compatible A/V receiver (and speakers) to TV 2 or by moving the splitter to the output of my main A/V receiver.

I used this to run 3 Samsung 1080p sets from a single HD Digital Cable box. The length of run to the 1st set was 50ft; the 2nd was 25ft; and the 3rd was 15ft. Everything looked perfect on all TVs at the maximum resolution of 1080i/720p. It has a LED's to indicate it has power and connectivity if you need to troubleshoot. You can't hook it up incorrectly since the input is on the end and the outputs are all grouped together on the back. It is a little awkward to situate because of this but I had it hidden in a cabinet so it didn't matter. It is heavy and feels sturdy although it comes in a super generic box with hardly any documentation. Power supply is common - if it blows out, a replacement should be easily found locally.

Overall, it provides a solution and does exactly what you think it will.

I purchased this "used" from "J & R Galaxies". It was advertised as "used and tested and repackaged" and for that came with a price reduction. When I obtained this splitter, it appeared to be new. It was perfectly packaged and worked perfectly. I am using this as an HDMI splitter for my home. I have a "Time Warner" cable box with only one HDMI output. I wanted to send that HDMI signal to another TV in my home. I used this powered splitter with a "Media Bridge", 3' cable from the cable box to the splitter and then a PTC, 100', amplified cable run to another TV. This splitter is advertised as "powered" and did indeed come wtih a 5 volt power supply which I of course used. The 100' cable has an amplifier in it as well. This "View HD" splitter has been working perfectly for about a month now. It transmits BOTH video and audio (as HDMI should) perfectly. The 100' cable run is through my basement ceiling and runs the length of my house. There is about a 3 to 4 second delay between channel changes with this powered splitter AND the 100', amplified cable run. I suspect that is because the HDMI signal must need to be synchronized if going through amps. I tried this without the 100' cable using another 3' cable from the splitter to a TV and that dropped the delay in channel changing to about 1 or 2 seconds. That does not bother me but if you are a "channel surfer" and expect to rapidly "click" through channels, this might be a problem for you. I suspect this would be a characteristic of any amplifed splitter/switch or cable. After shopping for a 4 port splitter, I found this to be an excellent value and it works perfectly for me. I have not tried this with a full 1080p, HDMI signal, only with by cable box output but so far, it works perfectly for me. - Hdmi Cable Splitter - Hdmi - Hdmi Switch - 4 Port'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information