Tuesday 7 June 2011

Flash Memory - sandisk, memory card


I use a canon T1i for timelapse and video, and really push rapid shooting. I have used it on a mountain in snow and moonlight at 14 degrees, and only once encountered a small buffer window on a long video take at 1080p. It works great, I have never had problems with Sandisk cards, they help me make a living at shooting. I also use Ultra II cards, and only notice the smallest of time difference writing to the card in camera. Loading to the computer data from the card does take longer then the ultra, but unless you need to dump data fast this one is fine and cost less. I would go for storage size over file transfer to computer speeds anytime. SanDisk Standard - Flash memory card - 32 GB - Class 2 - SDHC

This is only a class two card. As such it performs exactly as expected.



I'm not using this for anything incredibly speed sensitive. I ripped my daughters DVDs to MPEG4 files, scaled them down to PSP size standards, took them down to 96 KBps audio, put over 50 of them on this card along with some shorts and included music videos. Now my daughters cheaper than a portable DVD player without the risk of scratching or inconvenience carrying disk netbook with only a 4GB SSD is good to go. When we make a long road trip she's got plenty of movies, which is exactly what this was bought for.



If you're expecting to record live HD video don't even consider this card. It works reliably at the speeds it's expected to work out, the published class 2 speeds.



Class 2 - Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. Lowest speed for SDHC cards.

From:

[...]

This was a very slow SD card. I would not recommend this to be used for anything. I tried this on a camera and it was so slow. I put in a different SD card and there was no comparison -- every SD card I own goes faster than this 32GB one. - Sandisk - 32 Gb - Memory Card - 32gb'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information