Tuesday 7 June 2011

Good Quality - good quality, earrings


The diamonds were a little dark with carbon, which having been in the jewelry business for many years, I expected for the price. I bought them to wear in second holes in my ears and doubt anyone would notice. 10k White Gold Round Diamond Stud Earrings (1/4 cttw, J-K Color, I2-I3 Clarity)

I ordered these earrings, usually $110, for $65 during a sale on Amazon. The reviews were mixed so I wasn't sure what to expect. They are GREAT! I have better than 20/20 eyesight and I can't see any specks or color. They look like very nice diamonds. The backs seem secure so far (there is a noise when I click them on as if they are tight), but I'd be happy even if I had to buy a different pair of backs. Actually, I bought these to replace a pair of studs I lost (a gift from an ex) and these are larger (3mm or a little more, hard to say) and nicer looking --I saw the receipt and the originals were much more expensive! Awesome buy!!!

I3 is a category of diamond that in the past would only have been used for industrial diamonds. (e.g. they would be ground up and used to make saw blades) However because of the demand for cheap diamonds, I3 diamonds are now being cut and used in jewelry. This is why the prices for certain types of diamond jewelry have become incredibly cheap.



Diamonds are graded as follows: FL, IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS1, VS2, SI1, SI2, I1, I2, I3



The grading description for I3 is as follows: "I3 diamonds have large and extremely easy to see inclusions that typically impact the brilliance of the diamond, as well as having inclusions that are often likely to threaten the structure of the diamond."



I am all for look over perfection, but I would think twice before buying a diamond graded below SI2, unless this is for your young daughter who might lose them somewhere...

I purchased these for my married daughter for Christmas. They came today and I think she will love them. Yes, they are tiny...if there are inclusions...I can't see them with my naked eye, but then I'm almost 60. lol They sparkle beautifully with no cloudiness. If she doesn't love them as much as I do, I'll keep them for myself! Ha!

I knew that I was ordering poor quality diamonds and that is what I got. They don't sparkle and you can't even tell they are diamonds. They look like white rocks. I was misled by other customers' positive reviews.

These earrings made me very unhappy when they arrived in the mail. I bought them for my wife as a christmas gift and I couldn't bear the thought of giving them to her. I was very disappointed by the discoloring of the diamonds!

Clearly this seems like a great deal, but trust me its not. I would never recommend these earrings to anyone, they were not accurately described! I would have been better off buying diamond earring studs at Wal-mart. The diamond was full of black marking and was not even semi-clear. - Earrings - Gift Idea - Diamond Earrings - Good Quality'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information