Tuesday 7 June 2011

Firewire Cable - belkin, firewire 800


Just bought a new iMac so I needed this wire to transfer data from my old iMac. My fault being impatient and running to Best Buy to purchase this wire. They had one wire left and it was $34.99. After the fact I look here on Amazon and see the same Belkin wire for half the price. So if you need this wire, and it was great for what I needed it for. PLEASE do not purchase from Best Buy. Same wire half the price. Amazon rocks. As for me lesson learned. Belkin F3N404-06-APL 6-Foot 9-Pin to 6-Pin FireWire 800/400 Cable

I purchased this product in order to make it compatible between Lexar Professional Card Reader and my iMac. iMac from Apple (duo core 2) uses 6-pin fire wire connection when Lexar had 800 speed 9-pin cable connection plug. I had the Lexar dual-chained and slaved to a 400 port. This is a good cable to bridges the old and new technologies. Belkin is trustworthy always.

This connects a Firewire 400 device to a Firewire 800 device. In my case it is an older Seagate drive to my new Macbook Pro. It works and is still a faster connection than USB 2.0 but not by much.



Only other thing, MUCH cheaper than I could find locally. I never buy cables from anywhere bu Amazon any more.

I picked this up to go from my Canopus ADVC 110 video capture device to my new 2011 MacBook Pro. The build quality is pretty good and it works fine.



I have no complaints other that the price was a little high and the firewire symbol is on the bottom side rather than the top when connecting to the MacBook Pro, so I have to remember that when connecting...but that may be more of an Apple issue.

I have a Digidesign Mbox 2 Pro and a MackBook Pro...the problem was that the interface has a 400 firewire port and the mac an 800...this cable is perfect for that situation!! I'm running Pro Tools as a champion!!!

The product was new and sealed in box but the firewire cable did not work. Took it too an Apple dealer and they tested it as dead too. So the product came fast and new but is useless because it doesn't work. - Firewire 400 - Firewire - Firewire 800 - Belkin'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • belkin
  • ,
  • firewire 400
  • ,
  • firewire
  • ,
  • firewire 800