Tuesday 21 June 2011

Flat Panel Wall Mount - wire concealer, wire organizer


If you are still averting your eyes from the rat's nest of cables, cords, and wires that ascends vine-like from your surround sound system, cable box, DVD player, and power outlet to the flat screen TV elegantly floats halfway up the wall, despair not. The Wiremold Flat Screen TV Cord Cover can bring serenity and order to this chaos of cords without requiring you to hide the mess inside your wall.



With some help from my son, we installed this cord cover in about 15 minutes. Take time to measure the cover and base, leaving a few inches of room from the floor to the base, and make sure that the top end is hidden behind your TV. If you need to trim the base and cover, keep them snapped together and use a bit of tape to keep them from moving as you make a quick cut with a hacksaw or power saw. Use a level to make sure the base is plumb, and once you have it in place, start routing cables, wires, and cords down the base, using tape to hold them in place in the confines of the channel.



Once everything is positioned, snap the cover in place. You can opt to paint the cover as well to help it blend it if you wish. I do wish that Wiremold would not be so miserly with the screws for the base (I had to find a few extra ones in my workshop) and wondered if a version of this cover that allowed folks to snap a few inches off either end without sawing might be a convenient feature to include. Wiremold CMK30 Flat Screen Television Cord Cover Kit, White

The product looks great. It painted very easily to match my wall and was a very fast and easy project. My only complaint is that you have to drill it into the wall...which is a bit unnecessary. I didn't want to drill 6 holes in my wall for something so small and light. I was hoping it would come with something to stick it to the wall...but it didn't. So I went to the store and bought some sticky picture hangers and that did the trick. Finished product looks great.

The item does what it claims to do, i.e, provides a cover to hide cables going from the A/V receiver to the rear of the wall mounted TV. The cover is sized so that it is fairly easy to include a large number of cables. Two coats of the same paint as my walls makes the cover near imperceptible. Total cost of $25 including shipping seems a bit on the stiff side for what amounts to a $0.20 piece of plastic.

I bought this to cover wires on our bedroom 42" flatscreen that I had mounted on the wall. This is extremely simple to install and looks great. Great price too.



I bought another cord cover for our family room TV about a year ago. It was a more expensive kit, but now I am thinking about replace that one with this one. The easy to remove cover makes it great for adding more wires. Highly recommeneded!

Needing to hide ugly wires under my TV, I purchased this cord cover kit. Screwing the plastic plugs into the dry wall was a bit hard because I did it with just a screwdriver instead of a drill, but that's what the instructions said to do. The plastic piece is secure to the wall and feels rather sturdy. The area looks much neater now and I'm happy with the outcome, but I'm giving this 4 stars because the price seems a bit high for such a simple product.

I found this product to be GREAT! Not hard to install. Holds a TON of cords. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't hold all of mine- but it did & with plenty of room of spare. (I have sat, surround sound, cable, dvd, wii)

The hardest part was holding the cords & sliding the cover on, but I got my kid to help. My wall is a white color & it blends in fantastically as it, but is a bit textured & looks like it could be painted nicely (as advertised). WELL worth the $17 I paid for it.

If you are looking to hide your cables going to and coming from your wall mounted HDTV, look no further, this is the kit for you!



Let's make 1 thing clear, you will still be able to tell there's something there to cover up your cables. If you think this will bother you, then you better start thinking about running your wires behind your drywall because that is the best way to conceal your wires.



Now for those of us who do not want to be bothered with cutting holes on your drywall and all that work, then this is your best alternative. This kit takes about 5 minutes to install and it is paintable. All you need to do is cut it to size, screw in the drywall anchors and mount the base plate with the provided screws, put your cables in there and snap on the cover. There you go, simple. I'm happy with how it looks on my wall and would recommend it to those who's looking for an alternative to routing wires behind your drywall.

I ran many cords behind this for my entertainment setup. Goes up quick and easy, if installing into sheetrock make sure you use wall anchors. Paint chips off fairly easy so make sure that it is in place and nothing scratches it

This was an excellent buy to cover cables when you don't want to cut into drywall. Three coats of paint covered it perfectly. If you don't want to cut into the drywall to hide your cables this is the answer. - Wire Organizer - Wire Concealer - Cable Organizer - Speaker Wire'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information