Thursday 23 June 2011

Freshwater Pearls


These earrings arrived "lightening fast", and were very well packaged in a sturdy small mailing box, within which was a nice blue gift box, within which was a blue velour drawstring bag containing the earrings. The earrings look just as I expected. They are a ivory/white color and have a pearly sheen to them, which you can't really see in the example photo. (Pearls can have an irridescence look to them. ) I bought this set on Gold Box special for around $20, and they are more than worth it. The shape of each pearl i recieved is close to perfect, and there are just a few very tiny flaws (little "dents") in the surface that are so miniscule I had to look really close-up to even find them. The diameter of my pearls is 6.5 mm , which is almost exactly the diameter of the end of a standard pencil eraser. I have med-sized earlobes for a 5'2" person, and I think these pearls are proportioned nicely for my face - even are a tiny bit larger than I might have thought to buy in person. The posts are a generous length too, which is good becuase they will poke me in the head if I go to sleep and forget to take them off ! I wish i could have bought 3 sets (extras for gifts), but the particular sale only allowed one set per person... 14k Yellow Gold 6.5-7mm Akoya Pearl Stud Earrings

I do love these pearls! Like a previous reviewer said, I too noticed small nicks in the pearls. They aren't perfect but when you are wearing them, nobody will see the imperfections. Besides, it seems mine are mounted so the imperfections face toward the stud. For the price, I'd recommend them.

The earrings are pretty, 14K gold cup holders have nice Akoya pearls at the front. Good sheen and lustre and a nice round shape. These are the size of petite peas and were a little small for my taste, as I usually wear very large stud earrings. These look tiny on my ears but were a little too big for my kid. So I may just gift them to someone else. By the way, Amazon's shipping is fast but it was blazing fast this time...I ordered these earrings on Feb 21st evening and they arrived Feb 22nd at 11:30 AM traveling from KY to GA. I was stunned!

I bought the earrings for my niece. The earrings look pretty from distance. The Akoya pearls are definitely more lustrous than other pearls. But it is easy to see the blemishes and dents on the pearls.

These are very pretty earrings and nicer than I had expected. They look good with casual or dressy. They are comfortable to wear on my ears. All in all I would order more this size of something else or another color.

I bought these for a mother-of pearl and gold pendant I already had, and they resulted the perfect combination! They are a very nice size, the pearls have a subtle sheen and the posts are gold, so no problem for sensitive ears! I got these through a gold box deal from Amazon for only $19.99, so I couldn't be happier. Great value for the price!

This was a gift, very sweet since I've been wearing plastic pearls for 2 years. They are small (6mm) so if you are looking for more of an impact, go larger. Both of mine are blemished, not badly, but not prestine as in the picture. Nice size/gift for a younger girl. Maybe someday I'll have AAA 8.5's, but for now these are fine.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Freshwater Pearls Freshwater Pearls Freshwater Pearls