Tuesday 21 June 2011

Garmin Nuvi 650 - garmin nuvi, leather case


I don't understand all the glowing reviews for this case: based on the many four and five star ratings given by other owners, I figured it was a no-brainer and placed my order.



When it arrived, I was surprised to discover that the leather is coarse and thin and that there is no real padding for the Nuvi.



Basically, this is two pieces of hard plastic over which some low-grade leather has been stretched. The best thing I can say about it is that it fits the 650 snugly -- at least initially -- which is important, as one end of the case remains open (providing easy access to the headphone port and SD card slot, as well as a potential avenue for the carelessly handled Nuvi to slip out).



Do not look for a belt clip or carry strap option, either. This is simple protection of the most basic sort.



I do not expect this case to wear well; it just isn't constructed for regular daily use.



Given the price and quality of the Nuvi 600s, I expected better in a case.



BTW, shame on Garmin for not including even some flimsy basic protection like this in the box with the 650!



Unless it is important to you to get something with the Garmin name on it, I would advise shopping for a more durable and protective alternative to this case. Garmin 4.3-Inch Carrying Case

I bought this case from my Nuvi 760, I would buy it again.



Pros

+ reinfoced front and back makes for a sturdy case that protects the device from both scratches and impacts

+ very snug but easy to get in and out - hasn't ever slipped out

+ good size, it is about as small as it can be

+ soft interior to prevent scratches

+ small sleeve on the side



Cons

- It is snug enough to sometimes slide the power switch on the 760 as I take it in or out. I need to make sure it goes in with the switch down and locked so it doesn't come on when I put it in. Coming on on the way out isn't such a big deal since I usually want to use it.



Overall this is a great case, if you are careful you could call auto-power-on a feature!

First a comment on some previous reviews - This is not a high tech item, it's a protective case. Don't try to make more of it than that.



Now for my thoughts.

1) It fits my NUVI 750 like a glove.

2) The quality of construction is at least as good as any other case I've seen on the market. It also is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

3) It slips into my shirt pocket with ease.

4) I realize that is not a form of structural armor for my device and that I still must exercise a certain amount of care to keep my NUVI from harm. It's not waterproof, fireproof, bombproof etc. It does keep my screen clean, prevents case scratches, protects it from the usual hazards of being knocked about in the console of my vehicle where it resides when not in use.



To summarize. It does what it is designed to do at a reasonable price.

Therefore it rates the 5 stars in my book.

Garmin nüvi 750 Auto Navigation System



i just picked up one of these for a nuvi 750 as the case is listed as compatible on the garmin site. stylish looking case however, the 700 series is thinner then 600 series. if you hold the case upside down, the nuvi will fall out. be caareful.

The Nuvi 250w did not come with a case so I ordered this one. It fits perfectly. The whole 200w series is the same size so any of them will fit.



It's a little expensive but it's a lot cheaper then replacing a cracked screen.

I ordered this case for my Garmin 200W. It works great, nice case - quality construction. I would not recommend this case for any 'rugged' applications. A hard shell case would probably be much better. But this case will suit the needs of most average consumers. It is durable and can be put in a bag or purse. My only complaint is I wish it had a closure tab or strap to give it extra security for the GPS to not slip out but I've not had any problems. Nice basic protective case.

This case came with my Nuvi 660. It is well worth having the case for storage in a glove box so that other items do not scratch the screen. There is a soft liner on the inside of the case. It's also a great way to protect your Nuvi if it is dropped. This is also great for the lady that wants to put it in her purse to use show off photos of your kids and grandkids to her friends. - Leather Case - Garmin Case - Garmin Nuvi 650 - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information