Sunday 19 June 2011

Gift Idea - diamonds, diamond stud earrings


These earrings are very small, maybe somewhere between 3 and 4mm each. They do appear white, (I don't see any yellow tinting) with a slight, slight bit of grey, which I prefer over a super white look (as you might sometimes find in a cz). These earrings catch the light nicely, showing a bit of rainbow effect. They aren't super, super sparkly or faceted, but they do possess shine and detail. I am very happy with these earrings as they are just what I wanted: something petite and real, set in yellow gold, and with a nice, clean and "believably" sparkly look! I also like the fit of the earrings backs, very tight and secure. 14k White Gold Round Diamond Stud Earrings (1/4 cttw, I-J Color, I1-I-2 Clarity)

I bought these for my wife, and she really likes them. They're small enough that she can wear them day-to-day, but they're nice enough for formal occasions as well. This is a very versatile set of earrings at a great price.

14k White Gold, Round, Diamond Stud Earrings (1/4 cttw, I-J Color, I1-I-2 Clarity) I was reluctant to purchase these earings after reading other reviews,but bought them anyway for a 31st anniversary gift for my wife.Although she wanted to be grateful,I could tell she was disappointed.We are not experts on diamonds, but these were dull and had no sparkle at all.I had purchased a similar pair a while back from Wal-Mart (she lost one)and they had better stones and nicer crowns.Shop before you buy these earings.

I couldn't belive my eyes when I saw diamond earrings with such an affordable price! I definitely think that selecting white gold is the way to go because it won't distract from the mesmerizing glamour of the diamonds. All my friends were wowed and shared that they will also consdier buying a pair. I am so happy.

Within a few months of wearing the earrings I noticed a black speck in the center of one diamond. I took it to my jeweler to have it cleaned and was told that the speck was an inclusion. The inclusion became visible because the layer that covered it had shattered. The black speck is still there. It completely ruined the pair of earrings for me.

Having read the other reviews I expected something small, but decent. The particular pair I received had two defects: 1. one of the back clasps was bent so that it could not provide the correct tension on the post for reliable wear and 2. one of the stones had a very large, visible black inclusion near the top. It was visible to my naked eye (I don't have a jeweler's loupe) even though it was partially hidden behind one of the mounts. Maybe I just got a bad pair, but given those two problems and the small size of the stones, I sent them back and did not try again.

A good value for what it is. My only complaint is that these earrings are tiny - the picture can be deceiving that way, and the label 1/4 carot helps in that deception because that is the combined size (each being only 1/8 carot) yet sounds "big" (not as bad though as rings that claim 1 carot but are really 100 stones of what I call diamond dust, combined to add up to 1 carot).

I ordered these earrings when they were on sale for $99.00 because I thought they were an excellent deal. After they arrived and I put them on, my fiance noticed (from 6 feet away) that one of the studs had a large black spot right in the middle. I will be sending them back tomorrow.

Purchased this for wife. I was somewhat concerned given some previous reviews that the quality of the diamond would be weak, which is somewhat expected given the price. However, I was was pleasantly surprised that they seemed like very good quality diamonds, and my wife was impressed. - Jewelry - Gift Idea - Diamond Stud Earrings - Diamonds'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information