Monday 20 June 2011

Hdmi Switch - hdmi switcher, switch


I just installed this switch in order to be able to use one HDMI input on my receiver for both a PS3 and an XBox 360. It worked perfectly, first time. It comes with an AC/DC adapter and a remote, but please note that those are optional-- you only need power if you want to use the remote, as the switch draws power from the HDMI system, so it works just fine as a passive switch (even lighting up the LEDs appropriately to show which device is selected) if you only want to use the on-board "Select" button. Even though I don't use the added items, this 5-input device has turned out to be a great device for a great price.



One other note: HDMI cables are pretty new on the scene. I'm using the really cheap ones (which work just as well as the really expensive ones-- it's digital, people, not analog!), and they fit just fine. I suspect that complaints about cable size and like issues will go away with devices like this one, which is in the mainstream of HDMI specs.



UPDATE - April 2011 - After six months, the switch is still working great. I also want to report that we never have to use the Select button, because the automatic switching works seamlessly. That is, when the PS3 is off and the XBox is on, the switch automatically selects the XBox. Turn off the XBox and turn on the PS3, and the switch, um, switches. No fiddling required. My sons don't even know it's there. HDMI 5x1 5 Port Switch/Switcher with IR Remote Support 3D

The unit worked fine for about 5 days. Switched well via button or remote. A bit erratic in automatic switch mode. Usually switched with DVD and BluRay but not always when the cable box started.



Signal, when working, was strong with no flicker or pixelation. On Day 6 the units simply stopped working. I put a meter on it. Signal-in was strong but no signal-out. I assume that the switch mechanism failed.



Note- this unit does NOT have a power supply. It is powered by the signal strength alone. The description shows a power supply but the package says that none is needed and no supply was in the package. Beware- the unit may have changed since earlier reviews.

This little HDMI device impressed me with its small size, simplicity, & versatility. It enables up to 5 HDMI output devices, say DVD PLayers to feed either auto-sequencially or manually to a single TV/Monitor. I couldn't believe this little unit came with an effective Remote control. Small price, dynamite device; able to hang with the big guys no problem; as good as most of its more expensive & larger counterparts. Recommended .

I bought this with the intention of plugging all 5 of my devices into this switch, but 2 of the 5 devices caused the LED on the product to blink and not output a video signal (specifically, my DVR and OnLive Microconsole). There is no documentation that states what the "blinking LED" might mean, so I do not know exactly why it wouldn't work. For the other 3 devices though it works just as advertised. Came with Remote, IR Sensor, and Power Brick (optional). A hint to buyers, this does not come with an HDMI cable and you will need one to run from the output of the switch to your TV. So if you have 5 devices then you will actually need 6 HDMI cables. Obvious I know, but I forgot and had to wait to order more.

This is a great HDMI switch. I love that it switches between sources automatically, so I never even need to use the remote. Its also very compact which is great as well. Definitely worth the money. I have DirectTV, a PS3, and occasionally my laptop connected to the switch with room to spare.

I bought this to connect multiple HDMI items to my TV. The single HDMI input on the TV was a pain and this switch resolved it.



I needed a switch for three items and while looking I came across this switch. With five inputs it gives me the room to grow.



The auto switching feature is great. It has problems if a connected unit "bleeds" signal. Apparently my DVD does so. At first it was on the first input and the switch did not jump when a new item came on. Putting it on the last input allowed the switch to work properly. Now the cable box is on 1, media PC on 2, and DVD on 5. The moment I turn on the media PC it shows on TV and once it is off the switch goes back to the cable box signal. When it is on the DVD I need to switch it back to the cable box. (but that's not the switch's doing)

This switch, along with another brand I purchased and returned, just did not work. It would not recognize my Blu-ray DVD or my laptop with an HDMI connection. I am now waiting for my 3rd switch to come in; maybe I'll have luck with this one. The only positives, it's small and compact.

I have no complaints. Ok, wait: that was a lie. But, only one. A small one, and it may just be par for the HDMI Switcher course. It auto-switches to the active port quite quickly when a device is powered on for use. My Cable TV is 1, Game console is 2, and Blu Ray player is 3. Switching from 1 to any other is almost instant; but switching back automatically to 1 after 2 or 3 is powered off takes more than five to ten seconds; and sometimes I have to intervene with the provided remote (but only because my wife complains. I can wait ten seconds for TV. /shrug). Not really a big problem, just disappointed. I don't need the AC Adapter at all, and if my wife didn't have such a problem with it, I wouldn't need the IR Sensor.

All in all: it works. If I needed a new one for another room in my house, I would not hesitate to buy another. - Switch - Hdmi Switcher - Auto Switch - Hdtv'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information