Wednesday 22 June 2011

Ipad 2 Screen Protector - ipad 2 screen protector, ipad 2 accessories


I read the first reveiw on this product and figured it couldnt be too difficult to modify this cover to also utilize the smart cover for the front of the ipad.



with the scissors on my swiss army knife it took me about 10 minutes. Dont use kitchen scissors unless they are small and have a sharp edge.



First measure up the two magnetic hinges and cut the approximate sized rectangles in the spalsh vapor cover. Note: you do need to cut out two equally sized rectangles and cut the rectangles all the way to the top edge(lip) of splash vapor cover in order for the magnetic hinges to fully connect to the ipad.



After cutting out the two rectangles I left my smart cover on the ipad and then put the ipad into the splash cover.



The top edge(lip) of the splash cover will actualy fit perfectly over the long magnetic bar between the two magnetic hinges on the smart cover.



10 minutes of work and now my ipad is protected on both sides. Worth the 20 bucks for sure. splash VAPOR Slim-Fit Flex Case for Apple iPad 2 2G 2nd Generation (CLEAR)

This case was EXACTLY what I was looking for :) I'm so happy with my purchase. It fits the ipad2 very snug and it looks great. The back also adds a nice touch with the contour and material changes. Overall very happy.

Thanks for the photos that show the mistakes of cutting too deep. I tried cutting in two attempts. First, I cut away the openings for the hinges as small as I could. Then I fitted the case with the Smart Cover carefully. But I couldn't push back the Smart Cover flat on the back of my iPad. The cuts were not deep enough. Next, since I could see through the hinges, I marked exactly how much more to cut off with a washable pen. Then I made cuts again. It worked! My cuts are a little uneven but that's hardly noticeable once everything was fitted together. I really like this clear slim cover. You can see through the Apple logo. I bought an iPad 2 because it is light, slim, and portable. I didn't like the idea of putting it in a bulky cover. My iPad 2 is white with a gray Smart Cover so this clear Splash back cover goes together beautifully. Some small suggestions:

1. Before cutting, mark "TOP" and "RIGHT" with small pieces of masking tape to avoid accidentally marking or cutting the wrong side. (You never know.)

2. Turn "OFF" iPad Cover Lock before cutting and fitting the case.

3. Do the work on a piece of nonskid rubber sheet so you don't accidentally let your iPad fly away while working!

4. For cutting lines, I poked holes with a very pointy sharp knife like dotted lines first and then I could cut sideways with a flat thin blade. Do it on an old magazine. (A pair of scissors didn't work for me; cuts were too small and the case is rather tough to cut with scissors.)



I hope this company will make pre-cut covers for iPads with Smart Covers!

So I am a not as bright as others who were able to make the adjustments with little trouble. I made the same mistake as JenD who posted the picture showing the 1/4" gaps in the back because I stupidly thought that people were cutting little rectangle windows. You do not do that. Cut from from the edge of the case in. It does fit well with the adjustments, but I cannot live with the gaps so I will probably get a new one. The reason for the 3 stars is because we should not have to make these adjustments. The manufacturer should make one to fit the smart cover!

Thanks to the other reviews I purchased it, used the pictures to make the simple modification and now I have back protection on my iPad 2 AND can use the smart cover. The smart cover is also more secure. I'm ordering another if they make them in red. The helpful customers have posted pictures of the modifications. It's best to use an exacto knife or sharp blade and make the cuts wide enough to accommodate the width of the primary magnets on the smart cover. Easy to do. Thanks Amazon reviewers and community. I have EXACTLY what I was looking for.

A tip for those making the "cut" modifications mentioned in other reviews: Use small wire cutters as your primary tool; the kind you might use for clipping plastic wire ties for example - not big ones.



These will enable you to make straight, even cuts for a more polished end result. Sawing with a razor, exacto, or repeated pinching & cutting with nail clippers will work, but not look nearly as good. So: Use small wires cutters.



You must cut notches from the edge to accommodate the two larger hinge parts of the SmartCover. The long, lower profile part of the hinge will be covered by the Flex Case.



All good when done!

Emboldened by reviews here, I bought one to modify to work with my smart cover. It took about half an hour to get the holes just right - I intentionally made them small and scaled up. The fit is great now. The cover itself is good. A bit thicker than I had anticipated. One drawback: when you prop up the ipad in landscape mode, it feels slightly less secure with the vapor cover on, like it might tilt. Good for now, better than no cover for the back, but once somebody designs a back cover that works naturally with the smart cover, I'll probably switch. - Ipad 2 Cover - Ipad 2 Accessories - Ipad 2 Screen Protector - Ipad 2 Cases'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information