Tuesday 14 June 2011

Leather Kindle Cover - leather kindle cover, kindle 2 case


I have an M-Edge Prodigy Cover but the flap that closes the cover always bugged me when reading on the Kindle. I almost bought the Amazon cover but didn't like the fact that it didn't have straps to hold down the right side of the Kindle. And now with the M-Medge Go, voila! It's just what I wanted. It's thin (no added bulk), and has the clip mounting system on the left and straps on the right to keep your Kindle securely in place. The cover folds all the way back, and the Brite Light clips onto the cover perfectly. One very minor complaint - wish they had more color choices. But overall, the cover is great and I highly recommend it. M-Edge GO! Leather Kindle Jacket with Hinge (Fits 6" Display, 2nd Generation Kindle), Smooth Black

I purchased the M-edge GO! cover for my new Kindle 2, and I wasn't disappointed.



I chose this cover over the official Kindle cover because this jacket incorporates the Kindle 2 hinge system and offers corner anchors that hold the Kindle in place within the cover. This cover is supple and secure.



Immediately, I folded the front cover back to read with one hand and was welcomed with a flexible and comfortable book cover. No breaking in necessary. The inside cover is a lovely soft grey suede which is soft in the hand and gentle on the device.



I chose the GO! cover over the M-edge Prodigy hinge jacket because of the extra depth incorporated into the Prodigy jacket. I wanted to be able to fold the cover back and not be aware of the Kindle within a book cover. If the goal of the Kindle, as a device, is to disappear within the reader's hand, then I didn't want a cover that called attention to itself and distracted me from the reading. I am satisfied enough with the GO! Kindle 2 jacket, however, that I may purchase a Prodigy jacket for travel.



My only wish for the GO! Kindle 2 jacket is that it incorporated inside pockets as the Prodigy jacket does.

I purchased a skin for my kindle, but for extra protection I purchased this jacket. Not only does it add that extra covering, it also disguises it as a journal. It looks less like an expensive electronic, and more like a day planner - which is great considering I carry this everywhere.



This leather jacket is really durable and doesn't add too much bulk to the kindle. I am still able to put this in my purse and it opens sideways like a book (unlike the others which either flip open or have some clunky latching mechanism).



If putting it in your purse, I recommend open end down, that way keys and other small objects don't slip between and scratch your kindle.

On the whole this is an excellent cover for the Kindle, and I'm satisfied with it. Construction is solid, the leather is nice, the inner lining is soft yet protective, and it is very easy to get the Kindle in and out of the case. The Kindle can be slipped, clipped, and strapped in place in less than 10 seconds after you see how it's done the first time.



Here's my primary disappointment: While the cover does fold back out of the way, it does not fold completely flat, even after a month of frequent use. Based on the description and some reviews I had thought the binding of this cover was actually hinged or creased so that it would fold back completely flat against the back of the Kindle. It does not. When folded back the cover leaves a small gap where it bends. For many people this may be a non-issue or minor thing. But I found this makes it awkward to hold in one hand, because the cover wants to return to its "natural" closed position, thus you need to hold the cover against the back of the Kindle to keep it from trying to swing shut again. It also makes the whole thing much thicker--mostly because the case itself is a little thick, but also because of the added gap. Thus I found it makes reading the Kindle around the house (where protection isn't critical) more awkward than it's worth. So I keep the Kindle out of the cover at home, and only put the cover on when heading to the gym, outside, etc. For those purposes the case works very well and looks very nice.

I spent a lot of time looking at many of the covers for the Kindle. I was leaning toward a little higher priced one as it had good reviews and you pretty much get what you pay for.



In the end I went with this one figuring it is a good starter cover until I can go look at some in person. No need for that now. This cover is excellent! It is like carrying around my favorite leather bound book around. The inside is nice and soft to protect the Kindle. It fits in the mechanism like a glove and the corner straps are just right - not pulling on it or too loose.



Perfect! I would buy it again.

Works as advertised. I like this cover over the Amazon one because it has straps to hold the entire kindle secure. People have said that the Amazon cover allows the kindle to move around (but stay held in). - Leather Kindle Cover - Kindle 2 Leather Cover - Kindle - Kindle 2 Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information