Saturday 11 June 2011

Mk Teton Twill - columbia, hiking pants


I've worned this 1/2 dozen times and at first I was concerned that they would be too stiff, but I was pleasantly surprised by their softness. Certainly not as soft as an old pair of jeans, but not scratchy either. I like to wear them on my motorcycle and working around the yard. Have not worn them on horseback yet, but will. I would have rather had them in a 36 length because on the bike or I am sure that on horseback they may be on the short side. Pants that are just right standing up wind up being too short when you bend your knees and you want them to cover your boots! Consider offering 36" lengths! Mountain Khakis Men's Alpine Utility Pant, Granite, 32x30

This is my second pair; the first got a little frayed at the cuff in the rear. They run a little long, so consider buying an inch shorter than usual at the inseam. This is the best Khaki pants I've ever worn - much better than your typical "Dockers". They look better than shown on the model in the picture.

I love my Mountain Khakis. I had heard about them for a while before I actually spent $70 for a pair of the Alpine Utility Pants. The fit so great from the first time I tried them on to after a year of washes, still fit the same. I wear them on the weekends working around the house, going out somewhere casual and just hanging out. They are so comfortable. Very happy with my purchase!

I really liked the design of these pants and (uncharacteristically) dropped nearly $70. But the crotch ripped catastrophically after about a year of light use. The stiff fabric protects in thorny brush, but the fabric doesn't stretch and the gusset shape is of limited use. So I wouldn't recommend these for doing plumbing or electrical work.

My son is an active outdoorsman and he swears by these pants. He says he can do anything in them and he can't destroy them. These were on his wish list so it was a no brainer for me. They arrived quickly and he is quite pleased with them. If you are looking for a rugged, yet comfortable pant, these will fit the bill. - Bicycle Accessories - Columbia - 33 X 30 - Hiking Pants'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information