Thursday 23 June 2011

Nook Screen Protector - nook screen protector, nook cover


One of the best easel type cases I've seen, this fits the nook color perfectly, really feels nice under the fingers, props up the reader securely (with a lot of useful variations on the screen angle depending on how you're sitting, etc.), and seems quite tough. Even on the long spans around the edge of the screen, it lays flat and doesn't have an annoying gap. The nook is also quite well protected, and that goes to my only quibble: this case more than doubles the thickness of the nook color. Still thin enough that it doesn't matter to me since I just chuck it in a backpack, but it might to you if you're trying to squeeze your e-reader in a small purse or other "space constrained" spot.



After having it for a week, I haven't even wanted to take it off to try out the skin that I bought at the same time, which is significant. I will install an anti-glare screen protector, but that's more for readability in varied conditions than anything else.



Full points, excellent product so far. rooCASE (Black) Leather Case Cover with 22 Angle Adjustable Stand for Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor Nook Color eBook Reader - MV Series

With a couple tweaks, this could be a fantastic case, however are some deficits that disallow me from liking it too much.

The pros:

- Easel style for propping up on table, lap, whatever...big selling point.

- Construction seems solid, and the bulk makes for feeling like it will offer some protection.

- Holds nook nice and snug

- good access to controls/usb



Cons:

- no speaker hole. C'mon now...the ribbon that attaches to the stand could have been stitched closer to the base and offered plenty of clearance. Disappointing.

- Corners are not protected.

- Opening towards the bottom is awkward, which then makes the little pocket pretty useless since it's now upside down.



I bought this item base on reviews. I'm not sure if I would of I was able to hold it first.

I have to admit, it does fit perfect leaving sufficient room for headphones and power/sync cable, BUT . . . The speaker holes are totally muffled. A few vent holes in the back would have make it perfect, but to compound things, the area is also padded entirely further muffling the audio. This doesn't matter for pure reading, but for audio playback and video viewing, it really makes it difficult. Thinking about slicing out a small wedge of padding, but . . . not sure it will cure anything.

After having searched for a case which would hold my nookcolor, I decided on the black rooCASE. My nook fits it perfectly and all of the buttons are accessible. I also like that this case allows me to view my nook at different angles without using my hands or other items to prop it up.

That was my only complaint - I had to take it out of the case to hear a children's story. Everything seems just right, and the other complaints all seem to have been addressed: additional flap to hold it in the case; stronger magnet to keep it closed; delay in shipping. I got it very quickly - it was sent the day it was listed as being in stock. The easel does need to be finessed into standing properly, but it works. I'm still debating returning it, though, because of the lack of a speaker hole. I don't see how I could cut a hole in it myself with the layers and padding.

I like it!

It's cheap, has a few functions other than being a protective case and does the job.



Initially my wife purchased a case for me that completely encased the NookColor. While it kept it cozy and warm, it wasn't very practical.



This case has (almost) everything I need.



1. It protects the NookColor and fits well.

2. It allows for charging while in the case.

3. It has an integrated and adjustable stand for hands off viewing.

4. It looks and feels sturdy. Have had it for well over a month now and it looks new.



The problems?

The integrated stand, while good, isn't great, it sometimes slips due to the design and smoothness of the ridges that it uses to hold it up. (That is more than made up for by the "adjustable" part of the stand. You can adjust the angle of view.)

When attempting to insert the cable to charge the NookColor the unit slides up and it is difficult without holding the other side, which can be a tad akward.



What I'd like to see:

A viewable screen while in the case.

Something to keep the case from sliding up when attaching the charging cable.

A horizontal stand along with the vertical stand.



Bottom Line:

It does the job and does it fairly well, and especially well at the price.

I would be willing to pay a bit more for the etra features but this is a win-win for the price.

I found this cover by accident. I had just bought a Nook Color and took a free course at Barnes and Noble. I sat next to a woman who had this cover and I loved the way it sat up for reading. I returned the one I bought from Barnes and Noble and bought the Roo from Amazon. It was actually cheaper than the one I returned !

I was surprised that a cover not sold by Barnes and Noble would fit my Nook Color, but it does and it holds its shape !

I am very satisfied....rooCASE Multi-View (Black) Leather Case Cover with 22 Angle Adjustable Stand for Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor Nook Color eBook Reader - Nook Color - Nook Cover - Nook Screen Protector - Nook Color Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information