Wednesday 15 June 2011

Photography - canon photo paper, photography


I really love the semi-gloss look for 8X10 portrait work. Less of a glare than the glossy paper, and not as dry looking as the matte paper. It is a bit expensive in comparison to the glossy paper, but I use it for portrait work, rather than everyday family pics. Highly recommend it for its great quality and look. Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, 8.5 x 11 Inches, 20 Sheets (1686B020)

I am an artist (see lukkymunkee.com), and paint and make serigraphs. I use this paper to sometimes make prints for friends, or sell on Etsy (look for Lukky Munkee) (as a cheaper alternative than the original work). Combined with my Canon Pixma Pro 9500 II, this paper produces a beautiful surface. It is not quite as shiny as gloss, and much more lively than matte. Just right. I wish it was a little cheaper, but then we all know that you pay for what you get!

I do quite a bit of photoshop work on travel photos. Canon papers more than meets my needs and exceeds my expectations at all levels. Example- try another off brand paper and gently tear or cut a corner. The inks stay on the "top" of the paper- whereas, with Canon the ink appears to be "in" the paper. Also, consistency of colors with multiple prints is dead on. Trust your works to Canon- worth the extra money.

I use this regularly on my canon 9500. It's fine. It does exactly what you would expect of paper from the printer manufacturer.

Canon should offer 50- or 100- sheet boxes, and a better ink management system for the drinks-like-a-fish 9500 (Off topic there a bit).

Would also appreciate this paper in 13x19 in a reasonably priced pack. - Canon Paper - Canon Photo Paper - Photography - Art Paper'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information