Wednesday 1 June 2011

Portable Cassette Player


My Sony Walkman finally stopped playing tapes, although the radio still works, after many months of books on tape and radio that gets me through housework, gardening and other chores. But, the only cassette recorder I could find when I went to replace it was this Coby CX-49. Halfway through a book and desperate to keep going, I bought it. The radio never gets in my favorite station without static (the old half-dead Sony is about a billion times clearer) and after owning the Coby for six days, I was sitting still in a chair when suddenly the tape starts distorting - turns out that, despite fresh batteries, one of the spindles has stopped turning. And it never started again. Don't waste your money like I wasted mine. I am now scouring the web for a stash of Sony Walkman cassette players I can buy up and hoard, because Coby is no substitute. Coby CX-49 AM/FM Stereo Cassette Player

for a portable radio cassette, it passes muster. had it about a month. gets decent reception of those harder to get stations, say npr from over the hill for example. craftsmanship is what you'd expect from a player of this cost. my last portable radio cassette lasted 10 years for half the price, a "york" product. this works if you don't want to shell out hundreds for a portable fm mp3.

Do not order this product! Out of the box the cassette player did not work. The FM radio works but you can barely hear it through the head phones. A piece of junk, like the saying goes you get what you pay for.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Portable Cassette Player Portable Cassette Player Portable Cassette Player