Thursday 2 June 2011

Stanley Hand Tools


I live in South Florida and have lived and worked through three major hurricanes. In the aftermath, there is always a ton of ground clearing to do - downed trees and blown down fences have to be cut up and moved to the curb for pickup. Last Hurricane, no power for 13 days. I had one chain saw and the Fat Max. My neighbor took the Chain, and I took the Fat Max Saw. He did the large stuff, and I did limbs and trunks about as big around as your leg. He kept looking over at me like I was superman. He had never used the Fat Max, which just plows through wood like butter. No Kidding. Get this, on a single stroke, forward or backward, you can watch the saw sinking through the wood as the sawdust flies. It is amazing. After things returned to normal, I bought my neighbor a Fat Max. You. Wll. Be. Amazed. --Mykal Banta Stanley 20-045 15-Inch Fat Max Hand Saw

The Fat Max Hand Saw made quick work of everything I've thrown at it, even 6x6 landscape timbers. Aggressive cutting and a sturdy blade provide for easily guided straight cuts through hard woods and PVC as well. Highly recommended.

This saw was worth every penny. Sometimes you don't want to use the tabel saw, miter saw, or the circular saw to make one cut. That's when this saw comes in handy. This saw makes straight cuts in no time. And with no warping or bending. Best part is knowing that I will never have to buy another one of these. I can tell that this will last me a lifetime with it's quality construction.

It doesn't matter if you're a professional framer or contractor, this saw handles about 90% of your usual cutting chores. It has a short length so lugging it around isn't much of a problem, and your rip strokes do an incredible amount of work for you considering the size and cost. In fact, it'll perform as well as saws costing much more. The steel quality is very good, such that you can forget to touch it up with a file for a year and still get your work done. Finally, it has a carpenter square handle so when you need a right angle quick, just pull the pencil off your ear and mark it. I can't say enough good things about such a useful tool for everyone's basic home tool set; just buy it already.



-Fred

I ordered the saw on the 25th and it arrived on the 27th with super-saver shipping!

I bought this because I am a wimp around power tools and I hate asking my husband to whip out his saw every time I need a few pieces of lumber cut. I tried it out today and was pleasantly surprised; it is the perfect size and is easy to handle. The blade sliced right through the board, no bending or catching and the cut was smooth.

I am satisfied, might even grab a couple more to stash for Christmas gifts! :)

I got this because I wanted a little saw to use for things that I could not use a power saw on. It rips right through composite railings, 2x4s and tree limbs. It cuts on push and pull and fast! A good choice for any homeowner.

I have dozens of saws...really I do! But this little gem sees more use than any of the others. It's not that it is always the best saw for the job (sometimes a power saw would do a better job) but it is ready, willing and able. By the time I could have pulled out the circular saw and an extension cord I have done the job with this little monster. Stanley's claims about its "SharpTooth Technology" are truthful; this little beauty does all Stanley says it will. Keep one in the shed; you will use it!

I echo the other reviewers' comments: I'm thrilled with my Fat Max. It has made surprisingly short work of heavy tree limbs, landscaping timbers, and everything else I've thrown at it. The "blade armor" is far more durable than I expected, and the teeth seem to be retaining their sharpness very well. The bigger handle keeps my hand relatively comfortable during prolonged sawing sessions, and the thicker blade does seem to make a difference -- you can really put your weight behind this saw without distorting the blade. Money well spent.

This baby is a serious little saw. Not for making nice clean cuts but as a rough cut saw that cuts in both directions I love it. It can be faster than my circular saw since this requires no setup. And its cheap.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Stanley Hand Tools Stanley Hand Tools Stanley Hand Tools