Saturday 11 June 2011

Swiss Quartz


OK...The reviews here appear to run the gamut between someone who thinks you need to unscrew the crystal to adjust the time [which is not only ludicrous, but would void the warranty; I also have trouble believing this person actually did this, since removing the crystal requires a level of expertise that would include the prerequisite of knowing how to set the time to begin with!] and others who think it is too large and/or question the quality.

I'm here to say that I bought this and gave it to a very happy woman this past Christmas & she adores it. I adjusted the band easily, set the time, and it has been keeping excellent time...and the gold finish is still intact. Plus, the recipient is 5 ft 3.5 in and has a small wrist, and she loves the way it looks and wears it just about every day. Her watch goes well with my Invicta automatic diver, which, at over 40mm, dwarfs hers...it is a woman's size, after all. ;-)

Buy it on sale...they usually run Invicta sales so you can buy it for less than $100.

And, the packaging is very nice...makes for a great gift! Invicta Women's 4867 Pro Diver Collection Swiss Quartz Watch

This watch is beautiful. It comes with full instructions on how to set the time and date. Yes it is rather large but that is what I love about it. I had links removed by a jeweler...it only cost $5.00. Well worth it. It looks great and is impeccably made. Out of all the watches I have had, this is my favorite.

I purchased this watch about three months ago. I loved the look and the big face. Makes it easy to read when you just glance at it. I replaced the battery after a month (thought maybe had been sitting on the shelf and was old). The next thing I noticed a couple of weeks ago is the gold finish is wearing off of the watch band. Today (three months of wear) it quit working again. Considering the price, it's pretty unimpressive! I could have purchased a timex and had better wear!

I needed a casual watch and found a great deal on this one. The first reviewer is incorrect about setting the watch. You use the stem or as Invicta calls it the crown to set the date and time. Foolishly I tried to pull it out. It wouldn't pull. I finally realized it unscrews and then you pull to one or two clicks to set. You do not unscrew the crystal. Yes, the watch is big and it is rather heavy if you are not used to a big watch. Actually I was surprised it was so big. It is pretty much the size of a mans watch. It is supposed to be a divers watch though, so I assume they are made this way intentionally...very sturdy. I have a small wrist and I had to take 6 links out of the bracelet to get it to fit. I'm giving it 3 stars since I believe it lost some days unless the jeweler entered the wrong date. I just noticed the discrepancy. I have reset it and will have to check it again later. It has kept very accurate time. The dial is supposed to be luminescent but it doesn't seem very bright. Just my opinion. Hopefully the watch will last a long time and without me worrying about getting it wet.

I hate this watch! I am a small woman and this thing is just huge and uncomfortable. I will be returning it ASAP.

Another thing to set the watch and adjust date and time you have to unscrew the crystal.... and then screw it back tightly so it will be again waterproof.... my advice... don't even consider it.

The watch is just too large and bulky and trying to adjust it is just to complicated.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Swiss Quartz Swiss Quartz Swiss Quartz