Saturday 11 June 2011

Fountain - not good, fountain


This is a really nice pen for the price. It writes very well and has a pretty flexible nib which allows for varying line weight with different hand pressure.



I do have a couple of complaints though.

1) It doesn't work very well in my sketchbook. It doesn't like the paper for some reason.

2) The converter doesn't allow for a continuous flow. The line starts to skip and I have to unscrew to pen and advance the converter to push more ink towards the nib. It's kind of a hassle, but I welcome the breaks.



All in all, this really is a nice pen. I've used a LAMY All-Star (fine nib) for a little while, but this bold, semi-flexible nib really adds a lot of character to my handwriting and sketching. It's a great deal and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good, inexpensive pen to start out with or add to their daily rotation. X750 Vertrag Fountain Pen

This pen is nicely made and writes quite well.

It feels balanced while writing.. no strain at all.

The nib isn't too smooth..it writes with a slight drag..but that only lets you know you are writing with a fountain pen..not a cheap ballpoint pen.

The ink flows well without any gaps or blotches.

Very happy with the value for the cost.

I received this pen as a gift this past Christmas. I requested it because my main pen at the time, a Parker Jotter Fountain Pen, has an incredibly thin barrel.



The pen arrived with two converters and a bottle of Sapphire Blue ink. The pen itself is an attractive black with silver accents and includes some decorative work on the ring on the bottom of the cap. Setting the pen up for first use is quite easy: simply fill the converter with ink, connect it to the pen's reservoir, screw on the cover, and go!



Two somewhat annoying issues arise with this pen, but they are in no way unique to this product. First, the included ink is not of great quality. I suggest getting a "bulletproof" ink like Noodler's. You will notice that the included ink seems inconsistent and really thin-looking, which is a result of its composition. A permanent fountain pen ink lays down a much smoother, thicker, more consistent line. Second, the converter screw sometimes has to be advanced to push more ink into the pen. Again, this is not unique to this pen. I am currently searching for better converters, though the included ones are perfectly usable. If you can deal with these issues, then you're set.



This pen has become my go-to pen for everyday use. Its thick barrel is great for people with big hands, and the length is just about perfect. Posting the cap is possible, but I wouldn't recommend it; the pen is long enough to use without the added length from the cap. If you want a affordable, quality pen, this is it.

"This is my first Fountain Pen. I cannot say it's better or worse then any other. I can only say It is one of my prize Possessions, I have never liked writing much but LOL I write every day now, I cant explain it, Somehow its the Pen, I just want to write. This is a fabulous pen. Recommend it? Hell Yes! John"

First off, the page doesn't seem to mention that this pen comes with ink, so you don't have to buy any separate.

In terms of the pen itself, it's amazing. It writes smooth, doesn't tire your hand, and holds enough ink for quite a bit of writing. So good.

I must say I am thoroughly surprised by this pen, I just filled it with ink with the supplied converter, and wrote for thirty minutes straight. This pen has a nice weight to it, holds plenty of ink, very nice large nib (Medium size), and writes like a pen 3x its price. Definitely recommend for the price, don't expect a MontBlanc, but it does write better than my Parker (which was definitely more $$ than this pen).

This is a wonderful fountain pen for the price. It has an excellent weight that gives a feeling of solidity in the hand. The nib is beautifully engraved and it comes with a bottle of ink that, despite initial concerns of its wateriness, has been better than others I've used.

I lost my fountain pen from Europe, and had to make use of all the ink capsules i bought. This was a great replacement pen and it works great. no complaints. It was delivered on time and it was in perfect condition.

For the price I was expecting a plastic barrel pen and was pleasantly surprized to find the barrel made out of metal--a definite plus. The nib/feeder works very well and the nib was smooth out of the box; for many pens, including ones costing much more I usually have to write on micromesh 4000 then 6000 then 8000 to smooth the nib. The pen has a great feel and weight to it and the cap posts well and has a solid "click" when closing. This is a great pen and for only $15 it becomes a superb pen. - Fountain Pens - Not Good - Pen - Fountain'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • pen
  • ,
  • fountain
  • ,
  • fountain pens
  • ,
  • not good