Tuesday 21 June 2011

Framing Nailers - hitachi framing nailer, framing nailer


I have other Hitachi products and have found them to be well made and dependable. This nailer is no different. I've used 3-1/4" and 2-1/4" collated round head nails without a hitch. The loading is different from my Grizz gun in that you load from the back. The tension spring must be held back when loading so you have difficulty loading with it being held rather than set down. My Grizz spring locks back and the nails drop in through the top of the ramp.



The Hitachi is easier to unload with the nails sliding back up the ramp as you hold the spring back.



Depth is very easier to set. I use a dedicated air control as well and adjust it to the lowest optimum air pressure to save unnecessary wear and tear. A 100 PSI works well on the long nails- 90 PSI for the 2-1/4" nails.



The tool is fairly light and maneuverable although I could only load two sets of nails even though there was almost room for three. Another 1-1/2" longer ramp and I probably could. I picked up a drier and installed it- Dedicated to the nailer. I have found corrosion in other air tools from moisture in the compressed air especially in humid weather.



I've been giving it about ten drops of oil every time I use it. It isn't a production tool so my use is rarely over two hours at a time.



So far I'm pleased with the purchase although I saw it cheaper right after I bought it! Hitachi NR90AEPR 3-1/2-Inch Full-Head Framing Strip Nailer

I have had the gun for a week and it is an awesome tool. It has loads of power no recoil and a nice placement tip. the trigger is adjustable from bump fire to set fire and its a great gun for the money.



the only bad is that the nails are not the most common nails to find.

I have only been using this nailer for two weeks and it's definitely been one of the best tool choices I've made. During this time it has driven 6,000 3 1/4" stainless ring shank nails into lots of 2 by Pressure Treated. There's really no downside to this nailer that I`ve found. It is very powerful and drives these nails fine as long as the line pressure is at least 100psi. Don't expect a little pancake compressor to feed this rapid fire or you will probably be disappointed. Because I am framing and decking with this gun I found the quick lever adjustment between trigger fire and bump fire to be useful in avoiding unwanted multi-fires. This gun loads very easily, contrary to another review, you can insert your nail strips, then you pull back the tension lever and it will automatically catch after the last nail. I have another 4,000 nails to go for this job and so far it has been a great performer.

Update 4-20-11 I've now put 8,000 3 1/4 SS ring shanks and another 3,000 B & C Eagle 314X120HDR/22 Round Head 3-1/4-Inch by .120-Inch by 20 to 22 Degree Plastic Collated Hot Dipped Galvanized Ring Shank Framing Nail (4,000 per Box)through the gun with no jams and only a couple miss-fires. I am now working away from my big shop compressor and I have borrowed a Bostitch CAP2060P 10.5 Amp 2-Horsepower 6-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Compressor with a PUR-Hose PUR-38X100 3/8-Inch X 100 Foot Polyurethane 250 PSI Air Hose. It works for about 10 quick shots then you must slow down or even stop while the compressor catches up. I'll shoot another 3,000 stainless and then be done for a while. No problems at all with the nailer

Had to buy a pneumatic framing nailer to replace my Duo-Fast 360 which stopped feeding nails in the middle of a shed half done. Couldn't fix the Duo-Fast without sending it into the shop (Two weeks min.) so looked for the best deal on a replacement that used the same nails. Amazon as usual had the best selection and prices. The Hitachi I bought is excellent and works very good. Strong, (loud but normal) trouble free and the right price.

best framing nailer in its class. out of every gun i have shot the hitachi framing nailers are my first choice. 10,000+ nails in the past few months without a single jam. nail depth is spot on and the gun is light.

I am boggled by negative reviews on the Hitachi NR90AE nailer, have to believe off-brand nails, damaged strip collation and operator error are responsible. I have owned the NR90AE for 3 years, shoot only Hitachi nails and have NEVER had a single jam or miss fire.



Can't shoot 8D and smaller nails? Not for sheathing? ..... Say what? Just shot a box of Hitachi galv 2-3/8" ring shanks into studs through 5/8" sheathing with flawless performance.



Build quality on this "made in Japan" gun is sooooooo superior to all the "made in China" framers out there, super light and balanced, yet powerful with a precise depth of drive adjustment. And you can purchase this high quality tool for less then much of the disposable junk coming out of China, now that's value!



Is it perfect? No, would be nice if Hitachi provided a sky hook and bumpers to protect that beautiful finish and grip sloped surfaces.

I bought this nailer based on brand experience and warranty. However, I was very disappointed. This gun is obviously intended for occasion light use. The first time I took this gun out to the job = After a couple hours of frequent continuous nailing the piston started hanging and nailing was erratic. Often not driving the nails down if at all, misfiring. I think the piston got hot and swelled. I noticed that I could lay the gun down for 10 minutes and it would work well for about a minute. I bought it for the good warranty and due to the good experience I have had with my Hitachi circular saw. But the nailer is going back to the big box store.

Been using this for a week now, shooting varying size nails from framing sinkers to 2-3/8" galvanized ring-shanks. No misfires. Loading is easy. Wish it came standard with a rafter hook, though. I like the depth adjustment - it is fairly consistent in getting the nails flush, although you still have to be careful to keep the head angle and downpressure consistent to ensure consistent depth. Light weight is a good plus. - Hitachi Framing Nailer - Nailer - Framing Nailer - Nail Gun'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information