Saturday 11 June 2011

Girls Jewelry Set


Tired of spending large sums of money on my daughter's friend's b'day presents and knowing how much my daughter enjoyed art, I picked up this book and told my 14 year old that if she would use it to make gifts, I would pay for it. I figured it would be a win/win situation. She went to town making earrings and bracelets, wearing a new one each day to school. Her 18 year old sister came home from college and wanted everything she made but instead sat down and made her own. They shrinky dinked so much that I am ordering a refill pack and another book for my daughter to take back to college. Moral: kids of ALL ages will love this (including me). One of the most fun Klutz books we've gotten (and we've gotten a lot). And with a friend's b'day party coming up next week.... Shrink Art Jewelry (Klutz)

I got this for my 12 year old daughter and its been a big hit! The results are quite impressive. She's made earrings, a charm bracelet (of colorful Chinese lanterns) and several necklaces. The kit comes with several sheets of patterns to mix and match. They range from cute to sophisticated designs. If you are looking for a gift for preteens and up, this is a perfect choice.

My aunt bought me it as a present, I tried it out and I ABSOULTLY LOVE IT! I made so much jewelry and I'm not spending a lot of money on store bought jewelry. It's great for making presents, giving them to friends, or just making them for you to wear. IT'S GREAT!!!

I bought this for my 8 year old twin daughters for their birthday. We LOVE it! It is so much fun, and you can be so creative. Some of the jewelry created is so cool! They spent hours creating their own jewelry from pendants to earrings to rings, etc... when they first got it. There are TONS of supplies and so many designs and pictures to trace, the possibilities are endless. The book has lots of great examples in it as well. You do need permanent markers, colored pencils or acrylic paint (we like the colored pencils). A hole puncher is also needed. I have loved EVERY Klutz book I have purchased. You can't go wrong. We are buying these as birthday gifts for all my girls' friends this year. I think the recommended age is 12 and up, but my girls were able to trace and color their designs. Cutting them out is a bit of a challenge because the Shrinky Dink plastic tends to tear easily, so I cut out their designs for them. If you like crafting, you will LOVE this!! It is fun for kids AND adults! It would also make a great birthday party activity for teens or pre-teens.

I took this out when I had a house full of girls (ages 6-13) and one boy (age 10) visiting. Everyone got excited about picking out their project, coloring it in and of course, watching it shrink. We then turn the finished items into necklaces and keyrings. Great alternative to playing video games.

This book is a really good source of ideas. It carefully explains how to achieve the results, and lets you know which projects are more difficult than others (e.g. the rings). This is particularly helpful when working with younger kids, as it helps the kids (and their parents) avoid frustration by avoiding embarking in the most difficult projects first.



If you are new to shrinky dinks, it gives you a very good base to start. The explanations are very useful and they will help you avoid ruining many-a-shrinky dink sheets.



7 year olds were entertained for a long time. The included patterns are very good, and yet easy enough for the kids to trace and color.



It includes a bunch of supplies to make earrings, bracelets and necklaces. If you need more, they are easy to find in a craft or bead stores.



The kids can make nice jewerly for themselves, or presents for friends, teachers, granparents, etc, and they actually look pretty good.



We got some very cool results combining coloring with permanent marker (for bolder lines)and colored pencils. Some of the color does come off while wearing the jewelry (probably a problem with all shrinky dinks, but I did end up with a blue line around my finger after wearing a ring for a day).



One thing to keep in mind is that it definitely requires adult supervision, especially when working with younger kids (the projects involve permanent markers, scissors, oven, and a bit of exposure to toxic fumes when the shrinky dinks are in the oven).

I bought this for my 7 year old for Christmas. She LOVES this. However, copying the patterns require my help. I ended up doing a lot of it for her. Maybe a 9 or 10 year old can do it. I enjoy doing this sort of craft, so I didn't mind. However, all of the jewelry assembly had to be done by me. Much too difficult for her.

This is a brilliant little book outlining how to make really cool jewelry. The book has a broad appeal for all ages. I purchased this for my ten year old daughter, but had just as much fun doing the projects. One thing I would recommend is that you purchase a good set of fine-tip sharpies for the coloring. Overall, love, love, love the book!

I gave this book to my 12 year old niece. I was worried since her family isn't very crafty. I am famous for buying kits and then not wanting to help my children make the projects. My niece and her friends loved it, made all the projects, and didn't require any adult help. It doesn't get better than that! I bought a copy for my classroom.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Girls Jewelry Set Girls Jewelry Set Girls Jewelry Set