Monday 6 June 2011

School Supplies - japanese, nori


This nifty hole puncher certainly gets the job done at our house and childcare! I use it frequently to hang up the kids' art (punches construction paper effortlessly), create lacing projects for them (through thick, 5-7mm lamination), and let the kids punch holes in paper. If it's held up to my constant use AND that of the kids, you know it's durable. The grips are comfy (and have never fallen off), it punches through a few pieces of paper smoothly, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that it catches the punches instead of dropping them all over my floor (I then save those for the kids to use wherever their artisitc creativity takes them). The puncher doesn't get stuck like many others I have used. The price was ever-so-slightly higher than what I wanted to pay, but it's ergonomic handles are infintely better than the basic metal punchers I'm used to. Fiskars 12-23518897 Hand Punch, 1/8-Inch, Circle

I use it to punch cardstock... worked great for the first few months of heavy use, then the cushioned handles fell off and now it doesn't punch cleanly. It was the second one I'd bought. The first one broke in half after about 3 months. I'll probably buy it again because I don't see any better options, but I recommend not duct taping the cushions when they inevitably fall off. What a mess that became!

This hole punch does exactly what it is advertised to do - punch holes. It's a 1/8 inch hole punch, which is half the diameter of normal hole punches. Make sure that you mean to get the smaller size!



Also, the grips on this are NOT latex, so anyone with an allergy should be OK using the punch.

I wanted an 1/8" punch for attaching labels to thin cable ties. This punch is sturdy, punches cleanly, has cushioned handles, and a device to catch the punched out paper circle for later disposal.



I did a side by side comparison with my 1/4" hand-held punch, made many years ago in Chicago. They seem of comparable quality, except for the conveniences of cushioned handles and paper catcher.

It's sturdy, metal, and it has a cushioned grip. Perfect for those after-school hole punching sessions.

Even after 2 hours of hole punching you still aren't getting "puncher's cramp".

Highly recommend.

I use my hole punchers to make handmade baby blankets for newborns from flannel pieces sewn together with a blanket stitch and then crocheted around the edges with coordinating cotton yarn. The hole puncher saves so much time and gives a professional finish. I would like to have a 1/16 inch puncher as well for finer yarn.

Thank you for a fine product. - Japanese - Nori - Lunch - Hole Punch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • hole punch
  • ,
  • nori
  • ,
  • japanese
  • ,
  • lunch